• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

They did us proud

Barbara Nixon

I went to the UK Toy show at Stafford, yesterday and watched some of the obedience work. These people were obviously keen as most work, except for stays and scent (test A) had been done by 10.30.

Taking part were five cavaliers (two black and tan, two Blenheim and one ruby), several papillons, a few bichons, an Italian greyhound, a pug (She was lovely-I held her while her mum went to the toilet), a few affenpinschers, a little cross (He was allowed as he's a toy cross), avery tiny pomeranian, and some miniature terriers.

A Blenheim cavalier one the novice and A contest, making the long journey, alone, by her young handler, worthwhile. All the other cavaliers were placed, too (the other Blenheim and ruby in two classes each).

A cavalier puppy got third Best Puppy in Show, too.

Glad you got to see some of the obedience work - I'm so pleased they've put this on, and it's wonderful to hear of the Cavaliers doing so well.

I used to work obedience with some of my Cavaliers - and I know you do too - and Alison with hers.

The pity is that I've been given details of monthly all day toy obedience classes; only £20, but too far for me to travel (Cheltenham), as I won't use motorways. There's also a weekend meet in October ( £30 for one or £40 for two) . That may have been a possibility, as they have camping facilities, but our caravan will be back in storage by then.

Back