• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Mud-Dog season is here!

Bruce H

Well it has been raining all weekend, the frost is coming out of the ground, and the backyard has turned to mud. I absolutely HATE this time of the year! I'm about ready to pave the backyard.

The puppies, however, love it. When they come in, they go directly to the pen to dry off before they can have the run of the house.

Mom, dad won't let us out!
442686267_2a714ceabd.jpg

That muddy Tri looks mightly familar around here these days. I cant imagine multiplying that by 4 - my sympathizes to you! Kodee goes in the back door and gets scooped into the laudry room sink. I fill it with about 1" of water - um she likes to drink her muddy feet water :yikes Then she lands on the towel on the floor for a quick drying of feet. Cant see me doing that or controlling 4 with my strategy.

Star is jealous and wants to come over for a play date! Our yard isn't muddy, but then we don't have 12 adults and 4 puppies (or whatever the current count is at your home!). :lol:

Awe they look great I bet they had a blast!

During the Muddy season I bet they get alot of baths. :lol:

Barb B said:
Star is jealous and wants to come over for a play date! Our yard isn't muddy, but then we don't have 12 adults and 4 puppies (or whatever the current count is at your home!). :lol:

The puppies said they would love to have their sister come over and play. They are concerned that Star is looking MUCH too clean lately :D

We can't get much grass to grow in the back yard. Mostly because there is just too much shade from the trees. We have tried all different kinds of grass seed, nothing grows in the heavy shade. And, like you said, too many dogs!

Love the black soil here until this time of year-I think they find every inch of mud. Finally fenced off 2 areas- there feet were :yikes from those places. And guess what, Bruce, it's raining :sl*p:

I'm interested in the fact that your pups love the mud. Bianca HATES rain and/or getting her paws dirty (interestingly, so do I...hmm, wonder if she also likes Neiman Marcus)...she refuses to step out in it! (then she's bouncing around the house, chewing my highlighter, etc..). I'm not sure what's worse, a wet, tired dog or a dry, hyper one! I always love your pictures, Bruce! :flwr: -Natalie

Oh wicked Daddy! Fancy not letting them just jump all over the sofa and spreading that muddy love a bit more ;) :badgrin:

Bruce, you can never have too many Cavaliers :lol: Those pups are looking mighty big now, how old are they now?

Aren't I mean? Thnk God for leather furniture; best thing we ever did. We still have 1 fabric covered chair left and we keep it covered with a sheet except when expecting company. I once told Kris we remind me of Ma and Pa Kettle!

The puppies are now 4 months old. We are holding on to the blen and tri boys to see if they have show potential; if so we will look for a show home for them. The other two we are keeping: Gishy (the one in front right) is from a breeder friend and Misty is the front left (I think!!).

I used to say you can't have too many, but now, I don't know.....

I am dreaming of two leather sofas.... :lol: My Dyson has made life a lot easier but there still is work where there could be NO work if I got leather.

All three of mine love damp and mud. Out at the Dog Training Ireland centre last weekend, I was walking the dogs out on the farm's dirt road and Jaspar found nice deep muddy puddle and was in up to his neck in a nanosecond rooting around for sticks (if there;s water, he thinks there must be sticks!). His face looked like he had a Homer Simpson shadow. :roll: Maybe I should put a dry-off crate in the front room like that puppy decontaminator!

H'mm that's odd. Mine are like cats- can't stand the wet. I've seen them both gallop to the door, come to a screeching stop, and literally teeter on the edge of the door and reverse when they realise it's wet. Very, very funny to watch! Then the go and piddle on the step which is convenient since it's covered and the shed thing is to one side, so it's relatively sheltered. :D :D :D They were out sunworshipping today though.

Back