Thread: Bad Mother Report number one...........

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad Mother Report number one...........

So......it is 3:00 in the morning and Katy begins to cry.
    I INSERT ear plugs....
    Katy cries, and cries and cries...............
    I IGNORE.
    5:00am....hmmm , Teddy , did you pass gas?
    5:30 am.......okay, she is really crying......eww heading down the hall, yuck.....what's that smell????
    Oh boy am I a louse!
    Poor Katydid, mess in crate mess on her and oh what a sad face !
    Down to the slop sink, into the sink and time for a bath, out comes the poopy cleaner, now two loads of wash....Oh DID I MENTION I JUST WASHED ALL HER BEDTIME BLANKETS, PADS, BED and stuffed loveys YESTERDAY?????

I feel terrible.....now she has the runs.....Guess poor thing was not being a pain in the middle of the night but she WAS in pain!

Okay, now I am at work and she just pooped again on the kitchen rug....thank goodness mom does not work today. It will be boiled rice and broth for the next 24 hours...
    Oh if you could only see her sad eyes !

Yours truly,
    Bad Mother
    to....
    Teddy and sweet, little Katydid

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've learned that if any of my dogs gets up and is restless and clearly wants out of the bedroom in the middle of the night, no matter how ghastly the hour, I absolutely have to get shoes on, grab a coat, and go wander around in the street til he does his business. This is always the runs and usually quite bad, as nothing else would get any of them out of bed at night. I once made the mistake of not believing Leo had a reason for fussing even though he never had done this otherwise at night. Same result: washing dogs and laundry! I think we all end up having one of those first times...
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ah yes, they do have to teach us silly humans! been there done that too!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Aside from their first night or two living with us, I have found that the only time the dogs whine during the night is when they are having problems like that and really need to go. As much as I'd like to chock it up to someone wanting attention for the sake of it so that I can ignore it, every single time they have turned out to be making an honest request!

I learned the hard way too, as do we all! So don't feel bad about it.

I am sorry you had to redo all that laundry though! Yuck.
    - Pat

Mom to Pepper, Ruby boy (b. 5/10/05), and Milly, Blenheim girl (b. 3/3/06)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think we've all been there...

I do have one little girl who plays on it though - if I've got up to let her out in the night because she's been colicky , then the next night{s} she tells me that she really isn't well Mummy and does need to go out...then jumps straight up on the bed and crawls under the duvet next to Daddy

Seems to be a girl thing though in this house...the boys are much better at staying in their crate unless they really do need to go out...
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It can be difficult when they are puppies to know when they are just wanting attention & when they really need out. All of mine are now at the age where it they bellow in the night, I know I need to get my slippers on.

But yeah we have probably all been down that path at some time or other.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~

Post Thanks / Like

Since I can't hear mine yell.... I usually have to clean the kitchen floor. And the dog... (Amber has NEVER had the runs...) ..and blankies from when they lay back down on it. Holly used to get the runs on a weekly basis when I was feeding Ped Chum dry food. I was convinced it was because of the huge amounts of poultry my dad insisted on sneaking her during the weekend- runs usually only on Monday. Then I switched to Wainwright's and found this board and Karlin's advice about a good kibble as a foundation but varying proteins and fruit and veg- and Holly hasn't had the runs since.

Holly - 7years
    Amber- 3 years