• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

breakfast times

angie

when you have a lay in (heeheehee!!!!) how long after waking the little fluff balls do you give them breakfast? in a normal routine it would be up at 7 tehn breakfast at 8 and walk at school time at 9. but over the hols he likes a nap in the morning too so doesnt get his breakfast till a bit later on. still goes toilet at the same time though! ;) :flwr: just wondered what you did maybe on weekends or if you keep to the routine drill seargant like. :flwr:

I get up at 8 to 8.20am, let Dylan out for his business and feed him straight away. It won't hurt your dog to wait a bit.

My girls are fed and let out at 7am on week days and as late as I can get away with on the weekends ( ;) ) - that's usually not any later than 8.30.

If you are up to let him out anyway there's not much difference in feeding him then but it wouldn't do him any harm to wait a while for his breakfast, other than he might get a bit confused if he is used to a routine. I don't think I would get away with letting the girls out and not feeding them!

Mine never budge til I get up and thus eat at differing times. They are walked first thing, before they or I eat. I get up at varying times -- often am up til 2am, thus not awake til 9:30-10am (journalists tend to start late and work late -- no one is around the office til 11 am on a morning newspaper and I work from home anyway).

Mine don't care when we get up and don't even get out of bed til they hear me feed the cats. 8)

During the week I have a very strict schedule (like most working people). I get up at 430a....Scout gets up and we go outside. Breeze sleeps in, she was never a morning dog. I take my shower. Scout is in the bathroom with me, she can't be trusted to be left inside the house loose..LOL. Then breakfast and Breeze goes out. Then I get dressed and Scout and I go back outside for one last time.

The weekends are sleep to 8-830a, and everyone sleeps right along with me! It's great! I have such cooperative 'roomates'.

holy moly 4:30am!!!! Ive stayed up that late just for the heck of it or just to watch tv sometimes!!! I have ultimate respect for anyone who routinely gets up that early!

For me it’s seven o’clock every morning. :cry*ing:

SiânE has to have her food half an hour before her injection so whether I like it or not I have to get up and do it.

I do cut corners by weighing out the amount of food the night before so it takes less time to prepare it and I have now managed the art of going back to sleep straight afterwards, something I could never do before.

The biggest problem I now have is turfing SiânE out of the bed. She loves her food but sometimes she loves her sleep so much more. :roll:

Well, interesting that I'm not the only one who gets up early. I just plain can't sleep past 5:00 am no matter what. Never used to be that way until I got older. On the other hand, I'm falling asleep in front of the TV by 9:00 at night; and forget about trying to read a book in the evening!

What was this thread about again??

We are up at 7 or 7:30 latest in the week. But lately, I hold off feeding her as she was not touching it after going out. Now I feed her about 8:30, then she eats it all. On the weekend she will sleep till we get up, 8, 9:30... even hit a 10:30 one weekend. She doesnt cry to go out and often just lounges in her crate when we open the door for another 1/2 hr before wanting out. OK she is not the blessed behaved thing... the trick/problem depending how you look at it, is my husband refuses to go to bed before 1 or 2....did I mention 3? He insists he needs no more than 5 hrs sleep - I beg to differ being the one looking at him! Oh Scout, you and my husband would not make a pair with you up at 4:30!

i feed mine at 6:30am~ hubby normally gets up around 5:30am and takes shower but Ginger stays in bed with me until I wake up.

Our guys are flexible and could get breckie any time from 6:30 am to 9:30 am, depending on what time I get up. The Cavaliers are not really into breakfast but the Boxers are usually salivating at the kitchen door.

Pauline, Battie4 and Kodee,

Believe it or not you get used to getting up that early...Of course there are many, many, many mornings I just want to pretend I didn't hear the alarm or just get back into bed....LOL

Back