• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bully Sticks & Diarrhea???

Lani

Poor little Lucky has diarrhea today. He had it a lot as a puppy, but it had been better for sooo long.

He didn't really have anything different yesterday, but he and Razz did devour at least 2/3 of a foot long bully stick ...

Razz has the runs too, but besides the bully stick, they don't really share any of the same treats or food since Chicken makes Razz go bald (he ends up looking like a reverse Chinese Crested with no hair on his hind legs ...).

Lucky loves Bully Sticks ... I hate to take them away from him, but I hate to see him in pain with diarrhea too.

Has anyone else experienced tummy troubles in their dogs after having Bully Sticks?

Thanks Jen!! I suspected it had to be the bully sticks - I really don't think they both got into anything else.

Poor thing ... except when he has to go he seems just fine - tons of Energy and Razz came over to play today too. But boy, when he has to go he let's me know!!

I find that some bully sticks are fine for my pups and some are not. Can't explain it though, because I only buy them at Pet Supplies Plus.

Mary Alice loves them but they do affect her negatively.

I've found that limiting her to 1/3 of a stick seems to satisfy her desire to chew and my desire to not have her tummy upset.

The way they're processed seems to be a factor too...we don't use flavoured ones. :)

Wesley and Cody get the runs everytime we give them a bully stick, but Stewie and his stomach of steel does fine. Go figure. The sheep's ears are a non greasy alternative and both of my buys do well on them as a random treat. I never let them finish the whole thing though

Back