• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ruby and her new lookout!!

nursejess80

Ruby's snoozer lookout carseat arrived today!! She seems to like it a lot. She even took a little nap in it right after she got in it!! I ended up getting the oversized one so that she would be guaranteed plenty of room to lie down in it when she's fully grown. Right now I could fit another dog in it!! I have to run some errands in a little while, so we're going to try it out in the car. I'll let you know how it goes!!

Randoms2006144.jpg

Randoms2006145.jpg

Oops!! Sorry this pics are so big! I resized them after I previewed it, and it must not have worked...

Jessica, the pics look great and Ruby is SUCH a cutie!!!

Let us know how the car ride goes ... Lucky just LOVES his. :flwr:

I should totally get one of those for Maggie! Right now she loves to sit on the fold-down padded armrest/console in the back seat - so she probably would like the lookout.

I'm not sure about size for my girl - the oversize looks big and my Mags is currently about 11 lbs at nine months. She is quite petite and is actually probably a little pudgy right now... :yikes

she looks adorable in it :flwr:

Don't worry bout it being too big - the extra size will come in handy when you get another one :lol: :lol:

Oh she is adorable :p She looks so teeny tiny in her lookout :flwr:

[Sorry to stray from the topic but I just had to say - Chardonnay your Maggie reminds me so much of my Cassie (now past) even though Cass was blenheim but looked exactly like Maggie when she was that age.]

The car ride went GREAT! She just sat in the back seat and either looked at us or looked out the window. She almost looked like she was smiling. This is the first time ever that she hasn't tried to get in the front seat or one of our laps. Oh, and to answer the question about cost and everything. I got it online at Petco. They only have the khaki and the black, and they don't have the lookout II with the drawer, but I think I got a pretty good deal. It was $83.00 including tax, and I got free shipping. Most other oversized ones were way more than that anywhere else I looked. It was on sale, though, and I'm not sure when the sale ends. Oh, and yes it is HUGE right now, but I think she'll grow nicely into it. I'm also already plotting to get another baby in a year or so, so the extra room would come in handy!!

nursejess80 said:
Oh, and to answer the question about cost and everything. I got it online at Petco. They only have the khaki and the black, and they don't have the lookout II with the drawer, but I think I got a pretty good deal. It was $83.00 including tax, and I got free shipping.

Great!! Thanks for the info!!

Jessica I'm glad you had such a great car ride!! I just love Lucky's ... perhaps as much or more than he does!!

I honestly think of all the money I have spent on him (and I've spent a bit in his puppyhood, some of it I will admit was a bit frivolously ...), the Lookout is by far the best investment I've ever made for him. If something happened to his lookout, I'd buy him another one in a heartbeat. He just loves it and it makes it so easy to take him places with me.

Oh, Ruby is precious sitting in her "throne!" ;)

I just ordered the black sherpa/black quilted Oversized (I believe someone else on here has the exact one). I was worried about it being huge for now, but they'll grow into it. thanks for sharing!

Maddy loves hers too! I did not get the oversize but Maddy is going to be very petite. Also, with the regular size you can still fit two people in the back seat.
Pam

You use the seatbelt to buckle it in around the back and then it comes with a tether that also wraps around the seatbelt and attaches to a harness. I think they are safe. My dogs certainly can't get out of them while I am driving. I don't how else I would travel by myself with dogs.

Back