• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Another Irish regsitry to watch out for

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Just another one to add to the list to warn buyers about and be aware of if you are buying an "Irish kennel club registered" as opposed to Irish Kennel Club (IKC) registered puppy as this is NOT the IKC, the only recognised national club registry by other national club registries such as the UK KC and AKC.

The Irish Canine Club, ICC

http://www.irishcanineclub.ie/

They claim there are going to be shows but no signs of those yet.

They are advertising supported by Connolly's Red Mills food, widely used by legit IKC Irish breeders. I hope IKC breeders will organise and make their opinions known to Red Mills. I also hope if people use these foods they will stop and let Red Mills know why.

One could take such developments as a sign that IKC microchipping policy has made life more difficult for those who could register anything without much problem in the past and now have to provide proof of parentage and the bona fides of each litter. You CAN register anything for €15 with this registry, no proof of anything required. Just pay your money, fill in the form.

They've made it look so professional haven't they. Unfortunately, people WILL use this site simply because they won't know any better and those who go to a breeder who states that their puppies are ICC registered, well these folks who don't know any better anyway are going to fall for it.

be interesting to know what group/individual is behind this really! And if there are any 'real' breeders involved..I can take a guess tho

Back