• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Charlie

Pepsi

Hi all,

I've not posted on here in a while. I'm a bit sad today. Seems like Charlie is near the end :( He's had a testicular tumour for some time now, and we had a check up at the vet earlier. The vet says he's pretty sure that the tumour has spread to his abdomen, and it's likely to start causing problems in the next few weeks or months. Charlie is 14 and a half, and has done brilliantly well, so I'm trying to be rational about it and appreciate his time left. He also has a poorly heart which could deteriorate at any time.

I'll miss him so much when he goes. I just want to make that sure we notice when he starts to feel pain, and not allow him to suffer. Hopefully the tumour will spread slowly...

Pepsi x

oh Pepsi I'm so sorry - I was a bit worried when you hadn't posted for a while...

I hope it's a comfort that Charlie has kept well for so long - and you've enjoyed many many happy years with him. I hope too that the tumour will only be very slow growing, and that he will be as well as possible for as long as possible.

Just enjoy every day, time together is so precious now - make the most of his brighter days, and be there to comfort him through the not so bright days.

I'm sure with the help of your vet you will know when Charlie is not so comfortable.

We're all thinking of you and sending a very gentle cuddle for precious Charlie, we've grown to love him through his photos xxx :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

I'm new since you last posted, I think, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am to read your post. He has had a wonderful long life, for which you and he are to be congratulated, and you will know when things are getting difficult for him, I expect.

We lost our 13+ year old lhasa 18 months ago (we weren't exactly sure of his age because we adopted him as a stray), and it was the hardest thing we had ever done. But they let you know when they've had enough and we have to let them go.

As the others have said, enjoy his good days now and just remember that he knows he is loved and that whatever you do for him is what's best for him. He looks like a lovely dog!

Sending tons and tons of positive thoughts and prayers for Charlie :l*v:
Take it easy little fella :hug: :lotsaluv: :hug: :lotsaluv: :hug: :lotsaluv: :hug:

I was where your at in the fall - its pretty tough. Like your dog ours was 15.5 yrs and I think that contributes to making it harder. Not a day goes by that I still dont think of her, but they are really happy thoughts remembering her. Kodee helped to make me think good things, instead of the the older yrs. You'll know when the time is right, you wont miss it as dogs with caring owners are just linked in thinking together.

Pepsi, I am so sorry that Charlie is so poorly :( Lots of :hug:s and positive thoughts from me and my boys for you both.

I think you'll know when Charlie is in pain or discomfort just because you know each other so well. He's such a dignified looking little man, bless his soul.

Take care and know we are thinking of you both and routing for Charlie xxxxx

Thanks guys :) It's gonna be a hard few weeks (hopefully months), but we just need to keep him as happy as possible. He still enjoys life at the moment, although he's getting noticeably older all the time.

Thanks again for your support,
Pepsi x

Ohh, Charlie...you are such a handsome boy and so well-loved. I'm sure that you know how much your owners love you. Positive thoughts your way. :hug: :l*v: -Natalie

His personality and sweetness really coms across in your avatar picture -- sucha dignified boy. I am sorry to hear he has a tumour to battle. I hope it develops slowly and painlessly, giving you much more time with him. He certainly has been very well loved and will know that.

Oh Charlie is such a handsome gentleman and with all our talk here on health issues, it is wonderful to see a 14 year old.

I am sorry that Charlie has developed cancer. It doesn't matter how long they live for, it is always really tough when you sense that their time is limited. I am going through that with my Scarlett. I hope that no matter how much or how little time Charlie has, it is pain & fear free. He is a lucky boy to have someone as caring as you who I know will keep him as comfortable as possible.

:flwr:

Charlie is such a handsome fellow. I hope our Buddy is with us for as long as you have had your Charlie. I have had to PTS two dogs, one at sixteen and one at two week short of fourteen. Both times I ended up just knowing when it was time to let go and say good-bye. You will as well. Just listen with both your head and your heart. :flwr:

Back