• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Coopers knee - 1 month update

cooper&fergus

Well Cooper is now 1 month from his last knee operation. He went to see the vet last night who was very very happy with his knee. Patella isn't moving at all. Ligaments feel very strong and there is no swelling. He's really happy with his weight bearing and walking. Now we get to start his walking and let him spend time out of the pen - he went for a 5 minute walk last night which he loved! Also no more carrying which is fantastic.

He has to increase his walking over the next month up to 30 mins twice a day. When he gets to that point he is officially free! As vet said he can run, jump, play and be a puppy again. :D ...although I think that's all Cooper heard the vet say!

When we started this journey nearly 5 months ago I couldn't imagine getting to this point. I can't believe we're so close. Baby due in 3 weeks so timing is going to work out pretty well. Mummy, Daddy, Big brother Fergus and bubs are so excited we are almost past this.

That is fabulous news! I remember when this all started. It is so great to hear the results and Cooper's success in healing. :flwr:

That GREAT news and glad the timing is working out for you with the new baby.

You know you will have to post some baby pictures when he/she arrives, right??? :flwr:

Scout, Breeze and I are very happy that Cooper is recovering nicely. He will be back to his puppy self in no time. :flwr:

Back