• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Long week

lorin

Hello friends...

As if we haven't had a bad enough week with my reoccuring health issue and Suz's car accident last Saturday (some guy rear-ended her-totalled her car. New car bought today and she's ok)...

Thursday afternoon, Abby vanished for a moment. Concerned that she was off pooping in the house, I backed up my wheelchair (after looking). All of a sudden we have a house filled with puppy screams and she limps up onto the couch favoring her back leg. She had been crouched down behind my chair out of sight.

I held her for a 1/2 hr til she stopped crying. Then she started kissing me and was walking around ok-jumping, etc so I let it go and Abby, Izzy & me curled up in bed for a nap before I left for work.

Later last night in bed, she favored her back right leg again but curled up and passed out for a full night of sleep.

Today she's running after leaves full-tilt and jumping without hesitation and not favoring anymore...I manipulated all her legs and hip joints today and she is absolutely fine, but we're watching her closely...

Lorin,

So glad that she's feeling fine!! I am sorry she was laying underneath your chair. Sometimes these dogs seem to have to be stuck-on-you all the time.. :flwr:

The good news is that bad things mostly come in 3s so you can take a deep breath and relax now :flwr:

Lorin, that has to be such a fright. Things like that are going to happen...puppies tend to get underfoot or underchair, so to speak. Very glad everything seems to be OK! We do have a rolling chair at the computer and Mike and I make a crazy "backing up" noise (simulating a car) in order to alert everyone and their paws/toes!! :flwr: -Natalie

So glad that she is ok!!!!! You must feel such relief!!!! I hope all goes well from now on.

Aw, Lorin - I'm sure she'll recover fully and be just fine. I've become completely paranoid about moving my desk chair (on wheels) because one or the other--especially Pepper--is inclined to move in behind me and lie with his head right up against one of the wheels. And always so silently!! On enough occasions I've backed up only to realize too late that he was right there. Fortunately there's never been any real harm done. But he continues to trust me for reasons that I can't explain, so I have now become obsessive about looking behind me before I move even an inch!!!

You have indeed had a rotten week! Things can only get better. :)

Oh gack! What a week you've had. Yeah they come in 3s so hopefully that is the end to it. So pleased to hear that nobody really got hurt in any of those incidents.

Hey, don't you always feel guilty when with all care the dogs still get a bump & cry. Just last week I was standing still, minding my own business when Beau rounds the corner at full pelt & slammed into the back of my feet, let out a scream & looked at me as though I had attacked him :roll:

May your coming weeks be serene! :D

Back