• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

WE HAVE BABIES!!!

Darby's Mom

Hi all!

We have babies!!! As many of you know, both my mother & myself have been involved with Cavaliers for 24 years, and our "kennel" (I just don't like that word... as we don't have a kennel - the dogs sleep in bed with us!) is definitely a family affair. Well, I received a phone call from my mother Tuesday afternoon letting me know that Sophie's temperature had dropped 2 degrees, and to fly down! (Sophie's last x-ray showed 6 puppies, and she wanted another set of experienced hands). It was good that we had 2 sets of hands - as I think we would have lost a puppy or two if we didn't, as there were a couple that needed a little "jump-start" (they weren't breathing) at the same time Sophie was delivering other pups! Both my mother & I are mentally & emotionally spent, but everything turned out just fine!

To make a very long (& exhausting) story short, we have 6 beautiful babies!!!

3 boys, 3 girls - 3 tris, 3 blenheims (what are the odds of that!?)

Here are some pictures of the brand new babies... so brand new they're still wet in some of the pictures!

Keep your eyes peeled! I'll be posting more pictures as they get older! We can all watch them grow up together!

ENJOY, and thanks for looking!

The "herd" at 1 hour old:

1hourold-1.jpg

Puppy Love:

1hrold-TigerFudgie.jpg

I am soooooooo hungry!
Ooooooo... what's that? Whatever it is - I'll suck on it!
Hey, it fits!
Hmmmm..... I'm not getting any milk! What's the deal!?

Tiger-justborn.jpg

Beautiful & exhausted momma (Sophie) post-bath :wink: with her precious babies:

1hrold-Sophiewithherbabies.jpg

Squeeeeeeeeeeeal!!!!!!!!!!!! :jump:

Congratulations on all the puppies! They are beautiful - I agree, what are the odds of that litter happening? Amazing!

Are they all spoken for?? ... ;) icon_whistling

I must be broody again, I'm welling up :roll:

BTW it's always been a dream of mine to see a litter of puppies being born so if any of you have been crazy enough to film it, I'd love to see!

Congratulations...that is truly wonderful. I'm so excited for you of course, but also all those future puppy owners; especially those that have been waiting for a year... mum is stunning! I loved Julie S's squeal.... :lol: -Natalie

Thank you, thank you for these great photos!!!!

Mommy is such a beautiful girl, please keep us posted on how mom and babies are doing. cl*p

CONGRATULATIONS!

What a beautiful litter. Really nicely marked. Of course they would have to be nicely marked, look at the mom! A little hard to tell, but they look like they are all a nice size. What was the range in birth weights?

Everyone here crossing fingers and paws for a healthy mom and litter.

Congratulations! They are truly beautiful! I can't wait to hear all the updates from you as they grow :)

Oh my word, how delicious are they? Congrats to all and well done to Mom. A big :hug: to her too x

Love your website btw :D

Last edited:
Congratulations - they are adorable...... No Kirsty you don't want another cavalier..... yes I do...... no I don't.....yes you do... If they weren't all gone I would have flown over!

Congratulations and Mazal - Tov ! :)

Beautiful mom and adorable babies.

Good luck and all the best.

Back