• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

feeding in the crate

Laura&Lia

Is correct to feed Lia in her crate?

This Easter holidays we've been in a house in a country side. There was a lot of people and Lia doesn't want to eat nothing. The last day we found that if we feed her in her crate she eats all!

Sure, it is fine to feed in the crates and many people do it as routine, especially in multi-dog households. My guess is that Lia is feeling a little vulnerable with lots of people around and she feels safe & secure in her crate. That is wonderful. That is the way she should feel about her crate. :cool:

Absolutely, it's OK to feed in a crate. With all of our dogs, we have to feed in a crate, but we probably would even if we only had one. Caraline has it exactly right.

My Ellie will only eat in her crate! She is so use to it that when she sees us making her food she runs right into her crate and waits for us to snood her up and give her her food

Joly sits up to beg, but Teddy uses his crate (where he is fed due to being very greedy) for this. If there appears to be food o offer, he dashes to his crate and looks hopeful.

Molly will also only eat in her crate. I think she get distracted when she is out of her crate and needs to concentrate to finish her dinner!

I feed both of mine in their crates. It gives them time to eat their dinner without worrying that someone else is going to get there first. Plus it helps reinforce that the crate is a good place.

Both of mine are also fed in the crate. We have a lab as well and it keeps him from bothering them as he eats his food VERY quickly! They enjoy taking a bit more time, especially Teddy who is the last one to finish and be let out.

Back