Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bella Mia update -- just a few days now...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bella Mia update -- just a few days now...

Well it is now just a few weeks before I am bringing Bella home and I am now going from pure anxiety and excitement to a little bit of nervousness -I guess that's normal right, if its your first?

I am also a little embarrassed to mention this as I am reading about all of your posts on choosing/visiting litters, etc. - that I actually won't even meet Bella in person until I bring her home! If I had to do it all over again, I definitely would have gone with a local breeder and had the opportunity to watch the puppies grow, meet with them and then pick the one that fit with me. But I had been referred to this breeder through a close family friend and when she sent me the pictures of Bella, knowing I had my heart set on a blenheim girl, it was love at first sight and I just jumped on it...instant gratification.

Luckily, my friend has been very involved with this whole process and been to the breeder's several times to visit Bella and has been providing me with great tidbits--she is very sweet and loving but is starting to show signs of being the 'alpha' of the litter, which makes me nervous as I am reading all about your tales of dominant females being a handful...
    I am just worried now because I think its a mistake that I was not able to visit my puppy beforehand. I am already in love with her pictures and would not back out of it now, but I am just wondering what I am missing out on? What if she turns out to be a hellion?!

My friend will be bringing Bella out to me April 9th and beforehand Bella will be spending Easter weekend with her family and her other two other Cavaliers, so hopefully this will help her transition. I am REALLY scared about her flying, but it makes me feel better knowing she is going to be with someone I trust. I don't know...should I be as worried as I am?

My friend is going to visit Bella next week, so I will definitely be putting more pictures soon to this post. Here is another pic of her at 2 wks - her markings are what ultimately won me over...

~Heather

New mom to Bella Mia, born 2/11/07

Post Thanks / Like

No need to worry yet Heather! If she's still a rascal when she comes home then you can whip he into shape then And your right, beautiful markings!!

Good luck with her flying out, I'm sure she'll be fine! She'll be sleeping the whole time
    Emily and Ollie (29/10/06)

Post Thanks / Like

Awww she is too cute If it helps I got my little Ellie from a picture alone She was an older pup (6 months) but I just fell in love When you get her you will fall in love like you wouldnt believe My original breeder was my liason for Ellie and I went on what she and her breeder told me about her so youre lucky you have a friend visiting for you
    Jasmine, mommy to Ellie (tri girl), Griffin, Hunter, & Dexter (kitties)

Ellie is here!!!!

http://elliethecavalier.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Meeting the Pup Beforehand

Hi Heather,

I got Lucky from an out of state breeder too, and while it would have been nice to watch him grow those early weeks, I have to tell you it was love at first sight for both of us!!

He's every bit as sweet and wonderful as the breeder said, and I know he's the perfect dog for me. Bella Mia will be your perfect dog too.

Lani
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

No worries Heather!! If we're talking about an alpha dog in, say, a pit bull I might be worried. But an alpha dog in a Cavalier isn't really that big of an issue. And as several others have said...once they are away from their siblings there isn't quite as much to stimulate them.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Awww she is beautiful! You will do fine with her, and that is great that your friend can deliver her to you like that. You must be so happy and excited!

~Renee, Bailey & Maddie, and RIP my beloved Bentley.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, you will do fine, and she will be wonderful.

I look forward to sharing our stories......we pick Helmsley up from the breeder on March 31.

Keep in touch!

Post Thanks / Like

I wrote this exact same post two days ago.

The girl our breeder had in mind for us is the alpha, too. We are waiting to see all the pups before making our decision, but I had the same concerns as you.

That being said, I know for a fact that the second you see your little girl you will FALL IN LOVE. I expected everyone to tell me to go for another puppy, but tons of people said they like the spunky pups! So, it's really up to you. I don't think you can go wrong - she will be perfect to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Don't feel bad that you haven't met Bella. Sometimes it just isn't practical. Here in Australia, some breeds are extremely difficult to come by and people import them in from other countries, or have then shipped from across states unseen. At least your family has been involved.

It will all work out, and you'll take on the alpha bitch role with whatever level of emphasis you need to apply.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~

Post Thanks / Like

New pictures of my easter baby

~Heather

New mom to Bella Mia, born 2/11/07