Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We're getting a BOY!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Julie! Scout is absolutely adorable He's perfect! His name and face definitely go together too. Just a few more weeks, trust me, it will be here before you know it!
    ~Heather

New mom to Bella Mia, born 2/11/07

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Julie! They were all so perfect, but your right, you do just know!
    Ginger had pink on her nose and we thought it was the Cutest thing...we got her at 14 weeks and now shes 14 months and its gone!
    Estee-Mom to Ginger
    one of the best things to ever happen to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness, they are just GORGEOUS!!! Scout is a beautiful little boy. Fiona is 6 months now, and her nose still hasnt filled in all the way either...she has two little pink marks like that too. I think it's adorable! Congrats on the new pup!!!
    Donna, Fiona's Mommy

Post Thanks / Like

Scout is so cute! Congratulations--I know you'll be happy with a little boy. I went for a boy and came home with a girl --and I love her to pieces!! You just KNOW which puppy is meant to be with you!

Have fun with little Scout--love that name!
    Denise, Wrigley (Golden-5 Yrs.) and
    Mia Bella (Cavalier-2 Yrs.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's fun to read your description; bet it was hard to make that choice! Sounds like you had a good mix of breeder advice and personal attraction to make Scout just the right puppy for you! Funny how men have certain ideas about dogs that fall by the wayside with cavaliers..

Post Thanks / Like

Ginger's Mommy: Do you remember what age the pink spot disappeared?

Donna: I know, I noticed that about Fiona. And I looove it! She's adorable! Scout and she could be twins.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Julie, what a little doll-face! Scout is absolutely scrumptious!

Don't worry about the pink on the nose - it will disappear. The amount of time it takes for the nose to fill in completely varies from puppy to puppy, but pink around the perimeter fills in quicker in my opinion. I've seen noses fill in completely long before they go home, and I've seen them fill in at 6 months or 10 months. I've even seen Cavaliers with pink spots on their noses that finally fill in around 2 years of age. All in all - don't worry about it!

I know the breeder who you are getting Scout from quite well (but of course!), and to my knowledge her dogs have never produced a dog with a permanent pink spot (the pink nose spots that stay throughout life are very genetic).

By the way, you know that constant kisses on the pink nose spots make them darken faster!? LOL!
    Last edited by Darby's Mom; 11th April 2007 at 08:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darby's Mom View Post
    Oh Julie, what a little doll-face! Scout is absolutely scrumptious!

Don't worry about the pink on the nose - it will disappear. The amount of time it takes for the nose to fill in completely varies from puppy to puppy, but pink around the perimeter fills in quicker in my opinion. I've seen noses fill in completely long before they go home, and I've seen them fill in at 6 months or 10 months. I've even seen Cavaliers with pink spots on their noses that finally fill in around 2 years of age. All in all - don't worry about it!

I know the breeder who you are getting Scout from quite well (but of course!), and to my knowledge her dogs have never produced a dog with a permanent pink spot (the pink nose spots that stay throughout life are very genetic).

By the way, you know that constant kisses on the pink nose spots make them darken faster!? LOL!

I will note that kisses make them grow in faster.

Thanks for the opinion! That's great to know! I didn't know the pink spots were genetic. It's true - I haven't seen any of her adults that didn't grow in all the way. But maybe I haven't been looking that closely.

Post Thanks / Like

I read somewhere about choosing a Cavalier that girls love you but boys are IN love with you... I thought that was funny!
    Holly, Oliver, Rosalita, and Scarlett