• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Trying out the sepia tone on my camera....

Remali

I rarely use the sepia mode on my camera, so today I tried experimenting with it, here is Bentley again.

BentleyApril2007sepiaemailsize.jpg

Sepia doesn't do too much for blenheims does it? ;) I've tried it myself. Still looks great though, and what a good model!

I know....color does look better with those blenheims. I did a sepia photo of my white toy Poodle, and that looked really nice.

Here is a color version of Bentley....

BentleyApril2007emailsize.jpg

Last edited:
Renee I really like the Sepia tone pictures. Let's face it Bentley is so handsome, they are both nice pictures, but I prefer the sepia tone one. It reminds me of an old painting.

I kinda liked the Sepia tones too - I was thinking how much the contast really works well with the Blenheim coloring. I think it would look less great on a ruby, but I might have to do some test shots with Lucky ;-)

But Joanne is right, Bentley is so gorgeous, it really doesn't matter.

Sepia is fun to do, I like it. I think if you get the right background it works out...I'll try another background next time. :)

Bentley was pretty cooperative today! lol!

One thing I will say about Sepia though - I have decided it's better to play with it on a photo editing software program rather than my camera - you can ALWAYS make a great color shot Sepia in photoshop, but if you later decide you'd like to print or see a sepia camera shot in color theirs no going back and some shots are really one of a kind and can't be recreated. I learned that the hard way ...

Oh I think their both great photos! I only meant that Sepia sort of looks like a normal blenheim anyway but it does give it that 'vintage' touch which I love!

Oh I agree....I know what you mean, you don't get that rich red with the sepia with the blenheims, and the sepia is sort of already that brownish color. I think the tricolors would be pretty in sepia. I love that vintage look, but I prefer how the sepia looks with my Poodle, here is Bailey my Poodle, the sepia works better for him I think.

Good idea Lani, I should try that, so far I've just set my camera on sepia...and I am still trying to figure out the workings of my computer when it comes to photos, lol!

Baileysepiaemailsize.jpg

Thanks Lani! Bailey is such a sweet little guy, the sepia seems to bring out the texture in his coat. It's fun trying different things with the camera, and I have to learn how to tweek the photos on my computer!

:dogwlk:

I'm not sure whether I posted these on this site or not... Elvis (left and alone) at 1 year, Beauregard at 15 months.

boelvis101sep.jpg

elvis100sep.jpg

Those are beautiful photos Jean! I love the look of black & white and sepia! By the way, your dogs are gorgeous!!

Back