• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Royal Canine Recalls Cat Food in Canada

Shay

For you kitty owners in Canada. This food can only be purchased in Canada. Lily is on RC mini adult 27, so I called the US company this morning. I was ASSURED that this is only Canadian food, and that none of the dry food is tainted, and none of the US food and no dog food. I also asked if any US RC food was made at Menu Foods. They said they make all of their own food. Deep sigh....this just goes on and on, and we just don't know which food is next and who we can believe.

Edited to Add: Sorry, I meant to post the link for this recall. Here is the link: http://www.royalcanin.ca/index_en.php

Last edited:
It's also only one variety of the special vet diet cat foods -- that's a company they bought a while back that does the special diets to compete with Hill's.

It is hard for people to know what to buy when there are so many varieties from each company now with very diffcerent ingredients lists and different manufacturers.

RC used to all come from one small company and manufacturer in France but as these smaller companies get bought by larger conglomerates and each food therefore becomes more widely available, it is harder and harder to keep track of where it is actually coming from and who is actually making it.

Back