• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I made Tucker a Snood

Joanne M

I'm quite proud of myself, as my domestic skills (which are few) do not include sewing. But I can cut up an old men's, long-sleeved, t-shirt. I used the sleeve at the wide part towards the shoulder, it's about 3-4 inches wide. It kept his ears out of his brown rice, chicken and carrots. Yippee! I didn't have to pick grains of rice out of his ear flaps for a change!

LOL well I'm challenged in the picture taking area too. I'm one of the few people on the board (or the only) that scans pictures I've taken with a disposable kodak camera! Would have made an amusing picture.

Alright Joanne, that is wonderful.

I am needing to get myself a couple of snoods but I don't think they sell them here in Canada.

I wanna see a pic.(y) :jmp2:

Maybe you can start a business:wink: ;) ;) ;) ;)

Hey, Joanne, what a great idea! I'm going to have to try that. Maybe I can cut it to cover their chests too! We have been doing alot more cooking for the dogs since the food recalls and those ears can really get full at just one meal. I found Murphy licking dinner off Duffy's ears yesterday. I take a pony holder elastic to hold back their ears sometimes when I can't find snoods. I love this idea and can't wait to try it!

Great creativity Joanne! We've been using a bandanna, but it tends to fall off into the food...at least it's washable! -Natalie:flwr:

Good Job !!!! Maybe you can start making them for Tiabellas !! LOL I am actually working on just that !! Esp after Colby ATE his earhair Easter morning !!!! I almost died !!! and then I decided ......i gotta get some snoods !!!!

I wanna see pics of Tucker in his new "doo" !!

Thank you everyone. You cannot imagine how proud I am of myself for this scrap of t-shirt with strings hanging from it. It makes me feel Martha Stewartish (gives you an idea of where my skill level is coming from). LOL - Roxanne, Tia Bella's .... maybe you could use Tucker with his home-made snood in a "before" picture and then "after" in a Tia Bellas snood. A slogan below it, "your pet doesn't have to feel snoodish to stay clean while he eats"

Lol Joanne that is pretty cool! :D A Breeder (not ollie's) who I was originally going to buy a puppy from sent me a great snood though if Ollie shakes like he really means it, his ears will fall out! :eek:

Last edited:
I think Martha Stewart is still safe Joanne. But she must be very proud to have inspired such creativity in you! LOL>

I'm impressed!!!!!!!! How very smart of you!!! I sew BUT I am such a procrastinator that not much gets done. I LOVE your creativity and might just follow your lead and create a few here. Last night the pups had some tuna added into their dinner and I NEEDED a couple snoods! Thanks so much for sharing your idea!

Joanne, I can see you and I will get along famously!
Congrats on such an accomplishment!
Pam

That's a great idea, Joanne.

I used to tie Charleys' ears up with an old mens' tie.....never had a snood but always needed one!! "No sew" here too! :rolleyes:

We don't need anything like that, but it does sound cute.......I can just picture it in a fancy crochet design (if one could crochet, which this one can't!) My sewing skills include attaching a button but that's about it!

Ok, Joanne, it's all your fault. LOL. Inspired by your original use of men's t-shirts, I took an old pair of black panty hose and cut off a foot long piece of the leg with an opening on each end, I put it over my pup's head. He is now happily eating his food with his ears out of the way. Of course, he now looks like my old grandma going off to church with her head wrapped in a babushka but he's clean! Thanks for thinking out of the box.

hahaha I haven't heard the word babushka in AGES !! Lol --- I hope it was Katie and you're not making one of the boys wear pantyhose! As they say, "necessity is the mother of invention" at least I think that's what THEY say lol. Way to go Molly.

Back