• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dog Boarding

KingstonsMom

I might have to board Kingston for two nights while I go out of town this month, and I'm so frightened! I thought about asking friends to keep him, but I think I'd be less worried if he just stayed overnight at his daycare. I don't know what would be the best thing to do.

Also, what is the going rate for boarding? My sister pays $15 a night, but in my area it runs about $30 dollars. I'd be spending $60 bucks for Kingston to stay two nights. That seems a little steep to me, but I don't know....

I can understand your apprehension about boarding Kingston for the first time. If you are thinking of using the place that he goes for daycare, that would at least allow you to feel better that it would not be a strange, new place for him to be. You could always ask the staff about how they handle overnight stays and talk to others who have had thier dogs stay there overnight too.
As far as price, well it would cost me at least $45 per night where I live! But that's just how it is here. If it would give you peace of mind to keep Kingston there, then the price will be worth it. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. It's always hard when you have to leave the fur-baby with someone else.

I would agree that the best place is somewhere he is familiar with. We board dogs here for our puppy people and they have a ball playing with our dogs. The only "side effect" that we hear is that they sleep all day the day after they get home because they are so tired from playing.

My dogs have been boarding at the vet clinic since we've lived in FL (10 years) and before that they would always board wherever I worked - which was nice because of the discount and the fact that they knew the staff and vice versa. I think we pay about $16 per night per dog (or cat). I think we've added the Crittercall Wing to the clinic.

We are changing places with them when we go to Mexico because of Wallis's problems and because a different doctor has been treating her. He told me that he will ALWAYS have a place for Wallis because he considers her to be a "special needs" dog. (Comforting on one hand, not on the other!)

My girls are always worn out from anything that they do. A day at the groomer is good for an evening of sleep. And when they board it's really hard on them - they must have to be really diligent about what goes on around them! They are such sleeping beauties anyway that it's almost hard to tell the difference.

Back