• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Stroke

I'm so sorry for your loss of precious Cara. My eyes teared up when I read about your little boy kissing her photo. :hug::hug::hug: Hugs to you and your family.

Oh goodness, I just read this whole post for the first time also...I am so sorry for your loss, I know how hard that must be. Hopefully Cara is running at the rainbow bridge, enjoying open fields and caring friends:(

I, too, am shocked at Cara's passing; my greatest sympathies. It sounds like she had a great life with a loving family, which I'm sure made her last days the best any dog could have.

Oh, poor little Cara :( . I'm so sorry she passed on. It sounds like you all are really missing her terribly.

No dog will every replace Cara but I'm sure you all will have room in your hearts for another dog in the future.

:flwr: :flwr:

Thanks a million for all your messages and good wishes.... it helps being with people who understand!

My husband has seen first hand how much our little boy is missing his playmate and has agreed to think about getting another dog in the near future.

We do want to get a puppy as when we adopted Cara she was 4, wasnt very well trained and had some very bad habits. Some habits we managed to change but some we couldnt... in her case it was a case of you cant teach an old dog new tricks. We would like to start from scratch this time with a puppy... and see our little boy and the puppy grow up together.

I also dont want to go through the heartache of taking in another dog with health issues only to see her die after 4 years with her when we could have had so much more time with her.

Thanks once again.

Last edited:
Cara

I'm so sorry to hear about Cara's death. I've been away for a few days and just saw your note. I had been so pleased to hear that her earlier problem was a vestibular problem and not something more serious and I knew that you were going to work on her weight issues.

You won't ever replace her but I know that it helped us a great deal to have a little puppy within a few months after our Toby died.

I'll be thinking of you and your family in the days ahead.

Margaret

I had a mini dachshund when I was growing up that I'm pretty sure had a stroke the night before she passed. She was almost 17 years old, so she had lived a long and happy life. Her back legs suddenly wouldn't work and she seemed unable to focus on us talking to her or anything. She didn't appear in pain, and we knew she was near the end, so we let her die in peace at home with her family. Until then, though, I had never thought that dogs could have strokes.

I'm also very sorry to hear of Cara's passing. I accidentally hit the reply button without finishing my post. Please know that Ruby and I are thinking of you during this sad time!!

Oh I am so sorry about you lovely Cara, after my last dog died, I did get another puppy about a month later, and while I could never ever replace the one I lost....it really helped ease the loss and pain I felt.

I am so sorry to hear that little Cara lost her battle. It sounds as though she went easily & without fear so that is a small blessing. :flwr:

Back