• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

dogs and underwear

Super Princess

what is with dogs and underwear..even CLEAN underwear
jeeze, cant even leave clean load of laundry onyour bed for five minutes before someones got hteir snout in it..
disgusting!!!!!

lol

Brady loves mine! and the bad thing is, he knows it's wrong, but he'll always grab it and then run past me with it to show me what he had gotten into. naughty. he likes socks too, but underwear is better.

laugh_haha.gif
Yeah, it's really embarrasing when you have visitors and your dog prances out wearing your panties on his head... especially when he's chosen your old holey ones. :eek:

lmao
ok i should not complain then.

ollie just rolls in the laundry piles (weather they're dirtyi n the bathroom or clean on my bed)
i just took a pair of ONCE clean now soaked in drool from him.

dogs..sheesh.
lol

When Joly was a puupy, he was a terrible knicker thief. he chewed tiny holes in my whole stock, so it had to be replaced. Joly grew out of it, but Teddy still steals and ruins socks, with the odd pair of knickers thrown in.

If i come downstairs , in a morning, and don't want to put on socks immediately, I have to hide them down the back of a chair cushion, but he knows about this and often goes in search.

We used to have a GSD and although she was adorable, she had a real thing about my undies. She'd jump over the stair gate and open my bedroom door then pull on the knob of my knicker drawer and take them all round the garden :O

My neighbours thought it was hilarious but I didn't. Looking back though I can see how funny it must of looked LOL

Socks too! And only mine! I can understand my underwear being smaller then my husband's and thus more appealing but his socks arent that much bigger then mine but its always mine she goes for!! :razz:

LOL - Pauline, I think that says it all ;)

Maybe should add though to make sure you tell houseguests not to let the dog into the bathroom with them even if they follow them in ... :eek:

Oh thank god there are others! I just thought Zoey was a little "off". Yester day she came darting through the living room with a pair of my workout shorts in front of all of our company :sl*p: . She always chews my panties!! It's so gross! Is there a pattern for gender with this issue? My MIL female cavalier did that as well (only to me of course) and now Zoey does it!! My boys don't, just her...I seem to attract the ladies :eek:

well, Lucky may have gender issues, but he's a boy and seems quite fond of my panties ...

Well, it helps me keep the place neater & ensure they are promptly put in the hamper where they belong.

:lol::lol::lol:

You guys are killin me!!

When I first got Faith and she was in that "stage" I caught her in my closet with a pair of my panties.. I went to take her away from them and she growled at me for touching her! icon_blshing icon_blshing

I now keep them picked up and off of the floor :rolleyes:

This topic reminds me of when my mastiff, Xena was with me still.. I had a guy over at the house and we were sitting on the couch watching a movie. Apparently Xena didn't feel like she had gotten enough attention so she decided to bring my date a "gift" ~ a pair of MY dirty underwear.. .. :grnyuk: :yikes I thought I would die. :lol:

LOL!! She just knew that that guy wasn't right for you Sara! (He's no avi!!) What is worse is when Zoey dragged two pairs of my panties into the back yard and left them there :eek:. I have no clue how long they were there or how many of my neighbors saw them through the chain linked fence!!

A few years ago, I read that dog ingested underwear had the highest percent for surgical intervention. Have been a little hypervigilant since then. Chickabee did swallow a sock but nicely barfed it up-this was in her "teenage" years.

LOL. This must be another Cavalier trait. Annie LOVES underwear and especially socks. Clean or dirty -- it does not matter. She will grab them every chance she gets. Whenever she gets one, she prances around the house as if to say, "I've got a sock and you can't catch me!"

When Duncan was a puppy we were having a party and my DH was late getting home to get ready.....He 'derobed' in front of the shower leaving his clothes behind on the floor. This was seconds before the first guests arrived and Duncan grabbed the offending underwear off the floor and proceded to run through the house in front of our party guests.

John told them he taught the dog to pick up after him so he wouldn't have to :D :D

I am kinda relieved to hear this! i thought daisy was just plain weird for wanting my underwear! The other day my brother popped round after work, and my pants were lying on the floor in the hallway! i had to quickly pick them up and hide them before he wondered how they got there! (thanks daisy!) hehe. She also loves to take them outside in the garden and run round with them hanging out her mouth, i am scared one day she will run out of the front door and the neighbours will think "has that dog got a pair of pants in her mouth?" icon_blshing

It's not just Cavaliers that love underwear. I used to have a Cocker Spaniel that did the same thing. She loved laundry day and would rub her face all over the pile of dirty underwear. :yuk: My Mom's cockers are the same way. I guess our pets are just attracted to our scent and let's face it...our undies are full of scent!

Oh my goodness, I've been cracking up reading all these stories!!! Fiona does the same thing, prefers girls' undies, but definitely goes for Kevin's as well;) She's so quit to snatch them too, so if one of us is changing and turns our head for a second we'll hear her scampering "I have something I shouldnt" feet. hahaha. I love it. One of my close friends has a rat terrier/jrt mix who's about 2 now. When she was a puppy, she would full on EAT my friend's undies, and a few time, she actually passed through entire intact lacy knickers in her #2....hilarious! but gross.

Back