• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Wallace

tsorningold

Your stories are all so sweet it made me remember my own little Wallace, so I thought I would share.

Photo11of14.jpg

I belive you always remember the first animal you own all by yourself in a special light.
When I was 19 years old I had just moved out of my parents house and was working close to full time and going to school. An apartment is too empty without a pet and I knew It was not the right time in my life for a dog.
I fell in love with a cat (scottishfold) that came to the vet hosp. where I worked and knew thats what I wanted. If you have never seen a fold your missing out. Fat little apple heads perched on round bodies. Only half of scottishfolds born will have folded ears and for my first fold I knew I wanted a folded ear boy. When I picked him up from the breeder he rode the whole way home belly up and purring and became glimse into the future of who he was.
I have worked with animals and I have owned animals, all my friends have animals. I have never met a animal that was as sweet and well mannered as Wallace. By 5 mths old he had already gone to schools and hospitals and was well on his way to becoming a therapy cat. He was a shadow cat and would keep a consistant pace at my feet. My parents cat is a devil who likes maybe 4 people on the planet, she is a CAUTION at the vet and other than my family will let noone near her. The moment she met Wallace, she curled up next to him like he was hers. He had this effect on everyone.
Aggressive dogs, cat haters alike fell in love with him. When I came home he was always sitting by the door (usually with his teddy bear) and then would walk sweetly by my side for the night.
A week past his first birthday I came home like clockwork and Wallace was not there. And I knew.
I found him on the screened in porch laying in his favorite basket. It was evening and the crickets were singing in the trees. In the dim light I could make out his shape and as I walked closer I could see he was curled up with his little stuffed bear. When I reached my hand out to lay on his side I was shaking, and I started to cry when I felt the cold of his body.

Wallace died of Cardiomyopathy and had never shown any signs of the disease.

It took me a year before I could think about another cat. I finally went with a local rescue who told me over the phone they had a "small grey boy".
Tucker has become a light in mylife and an important lesson in the joy of loving a pet again.

baby3.jpg

What beautful cats I am so sorry about Wallace but he new that you loved him ----Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

Wallace was a beautifull looking boy and it is tragic that he went to the Rainbow Bridge so early. From the way you found him, it sounds like he went really peacfully though. Some animals get to live a life time in misery but your little Wallace lived his entire, however short, life in happiness & love. I know which animal I would rather be. :luv:

Tucker is gorgeous too. Look at those eyes. I hope he lives a very long & healthy life with you.

Oh that was so sad to read, how hard to loose such a loved pet so young. But it must have brought some relief to know he was curled up in his bed with his toy.

My daughter at 19 going to university in her first apartment used your exact words "An apartment is too empty without a pet". She opted for a rabbit who is out of its cage a min 5hrs and hops along behind you (litter box trained from day one - thank goodness).

Oh that was so sad to read, how hard to loose such a loved pet so young. But it must have brought some relief to know he was curled up in his bed with his toy.

My daughter at 19 going to university in her first apartment used your exact words "An apartment is too empty without a pet". She opted for a rabbit who is out of its cage a min 5hrs and hops along behind you (litter box trained from day one - thank goodness).

I agree with your daughter, (life is empty without a pet to love and love you unconditionally)
judy

Thank you for sharing Wallace's story with us, it is a beautiful one. I'm glad that you were able to share a portion of your lives together. He sounds like an amazing cat. Surely he's over the rainbow bridge helping all the animals adjust to their new lives. God bless you both.

I'm rather partial to the name Tucker, he looks to be a lively little grey, and he's adorable.

Back