• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Greetings from Bonny Scotland!!

Clare Ross

Hi there. My name's Clare and I live in Edinburgh, Scotland. I have a 13 week old ruby female called Sophie. We've had her since she was 8 weeks old so I have been reading this board for a couple of months now but today was the first time I could get my husband to spend the time helping me post photos! Our two kids are staying at their grandma's over night so there is relative calm in the house for once.

Sophie has been a great addition to the family - we all love her to bits. This is my first dog at the grand age of 33 and I have always wanted a cavalier. I had originally wanted a blenheim female but the breeder we went to only had rubies left. There was only one girl and three boys and Sophie chose us. She was definitely the dominant one of the litter - she is completely fearless and when out on walks tries to drag me to cross the road to greet any stranger who passes. I have yet to encounter anything or anyone she is wary of. She is very fiesty so we're having to be quite firm with her. For instance she growls when she's on my lap and I get up to put her down or when I try to move her off the sofa - just a mumbly, disgruntled growl, not aggresive but we're trying to get her to stop. Contrary to this though whenever you go to pet her she immediately rolls onto her back and lets you tickle her tummy which is a submissive posture so she is a bag of contradictions but learning her funny ways is so much fun!

I'll try and post some photos of her below - hope you like them and I am so glad to have found this forum which has been an enormous source of advice and information!

p_6444907_9895246766.jpg

p_6463579_6490058446.jpg

p_6444522_1124580919.jpg

p_6444795_3469238580.jpg

Nice to read a post from someone from Scotland. Sophie looks a real live wire. I had 2 rubies and they were not phased by anything. You are going to have such fun with her.

Hello Clare and welcome to you and Sophie. She is adorable. What a sweet little face. Yes, she looks like a little mischief maker. My little guy is too, but I wouldn't have him any other way. Tucker does the grumbly, growly throat sound too. When I first got him and he was a puppy, I tried telling him no, when he started the growly, grumble. I don't anymore, in Tucker, I've decided it's not aggressive, he likes the sound, he likes to gain my attention, and I also think he likes how it feels on his throat. LOL But what do I know, I'm only human!

Congratualtions on Sophie, I know you will find your heart filled in ways you never imagined.

Welcome

Sophie is adorable! I hope you will enjoy your life with her. You live in a beautiful country.

Sophie is sooo cute!!! Welcome to this forum.. I am just loving it!!! :D And I know I will love it even more when I bring my little girl home... Welcome again and hope you love it here!!!

WELCOME Clare, hubby & Sophie! :D

Sophie is gorgeous and i've never seen a ruby cavalier that had two white front paws! She truly is unique! Such a lovely little girl!

Congratulations!!! :lotsaluv:

Back