Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Think it's time to let him go...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear about Charlie. My thoughts will be with you day. I wish charlie and peaceful and safe arrival to the Bridge. My Lab mix Sadie will be waiting there with open arms... Ooh, tearing up at work, have to stop writing.
    Donna, Fiona's Mommy

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My thoughts are with you. You have clearly really discussed this and I think have found the way you need to take. Perhaps the vet has now come and gone, but if not, I just wanted to say that I feared being there the first time I ever decided to stay with a loved pet, and actually, I was very glad I did stay -- it brought a sense of completion and gentle letting go, and I got to sit alone and have time. As a result I know I would always want to be there. They slip away peacefully. And I think being there brings an extra sense of peace and calm to the person letting them go.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

This is truly the hardest part of letting these little guys into our hearts...letting them go. I have had to go through this several times before and it is never easy. But you know you have made the right decision. I have always stayed with my pets until the end. But that is the right thing for me. You know what is best for you. My deepest condolences. You have many wonderful memories of Charlie. Peace.
    J.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, sweet little Pepsi. I completely understand what you are going through. Mabel struggled only when she fell asleep (stopped breathing, then seizured due to brain tumor), the rest of the time she was fine...my sweet little girl and best friend. I think they would keep on hanging in there for us no matter what. It is soooo hard to let go, you feel like you are letting them down. But really, you are doing this because you love them so much and don't want them to hurt any more. I would find the vet you are most comfortable with and get thier opinion. If you decide to put to sleep...take lots of pictures of your sweet little friend. You'll be glad you did. My prayers are with you.
    Karin