Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Think it's time to let him go...

Post Thanks / Like

*HUGZ* to you and your family during this difficult time. As others have said, you will know when the time is right.

Please accept my deepest condolences and sympathy..
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

God bless you and your family at this very sad and difficult time. Whatever decision you make will be the best decision, you more than anyone else know and love Charlie. Whether you need to let him go tomorrow, three months from now or three years, he's had the best possible life with you and has been blessed. I hope knowing that, in some small way, will ease your sorrow.
    Mum to Tucker, born May 14, 2005

Post Thanks / Like

i am so sorry to hear that you have to make this hard decision to put charlie to sleep, its something that every pet owner dreads

give him lots of love and tlc until the time comes

we will all be thinking of you

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear you and your family are having to go through this. Take care
    Lindsay
    Proud mom of Spencer (tri), Izzy (blen), Tilly (tri) and Howie the cava-cat

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Your support and advice is really appreciated. It is hard. We've just been out for a couple of hours and he seems more perky, which just makes the decision harder! I re-read my post, and I think I made him out to be healthier than he probably is... He's been refusing walks lately, has a sore bum from diarrohea (it looks pretty raw), and although he's eating, he has started to refuse some food (which is unlike him!). He also sometimes just stands around staring into space, seemingly not knowing what to do with himself.

It's hard as he's having his best day in some time (maybe due to new meds from vet yesterday). My OH was eating some chocolate and he was going a bit mad for it, and he was really happy when we came back in.

I'm just not sure if I will know when it's time - I can be pretty indecisive. It's also my b'day (30!). Not the best one ever

Pepsi (aka Paula) x

Post Thanks / Like

How old is Charlie?
    Holly, Oliver, Rosalita, and Scarlett

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Holly - he's 14 and a half. Pretty good age. He also has quite severe MVD.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! What a long life he has had. Good luck with your decision. I can't imagine how difficult it must be. Keep us updated.
    Holly, Oliver, Rosalita, and Scarlett

Post Thanks / Like

Default Charlie

Hi....

I sent you a private message. I hope you have a chance to read it. It's pretty long and references some writing I did after both Toby and Gizmo died. It may be helpful for you as you try to decide what to do.

Margaret
    Margaret, Newton, MA - Gadget (blenheim), Sasha (ruby), Wyatt (blenheim)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pepsi, I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this with Charley. I know how you feel as I've done that tough walk myself a couple of times.

Personally, I think you will know when the time is right. You have already made the decision & accepted the fact that you will have to help Charley on, so it is not as though you are in denial or anything. If you can, be with him when the time comes. I know some people feel that they just can't bear the pain of that & they don't want to break down, but I can tell you that as sad as it is, it can be comforting & reassuring to see how peaceful their passing is. Then as the years go by, you never have that pang of guilt about not being there. You will look back & smile remembering that you were there right to the end.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~