• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Thorn In Eye.

Justine

noticed alfie eye not opening properly,i had a look it looked like a splinter,but he has just got back from the vets,they had to put him to sleep to take out a thorn which the vet explained was well and truely stuck into the white part of his eye.god how awful it was lucky i saw his eye not opening properly and i could see it myself.but his eye is good now so no damamge done.lucky no infection.

How terrible! Lucky it was the white and not the iris. That must have been
really frightening.

i was very worried because their little eyes are very delicate,i noticed the thorn on monday,but i didnt want to interfere with the eye and make it worse,but i saw today it hadnt moved so i knew it was in bedded into the white part.thank god it wasnt worse,i kept waiting for the vets to ring with bad news.ever the worrier me.anyway the vet said alls well.alfs is asleep on our bed.

OMG!!! How scary!! I am really glad that you caught it and that his eye didn't get infected. How awful!!!

Oh my goodness. Poor little Alfie, but thank the gods it was only the whites. Kisses & hugs for the little man.

Back