Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gracie's spay tomorrow...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gracie's spay tomorrow...

Gracie's spay is set for tomorrow. Hubby is taking her in the morning; I'm picking her tomorrow afternoon. It's probably best that way, because I might get a bit emotional if I dropped her off. I know she'll be fine, though.

I talked to the vet tech about the surgery in some detail yesterday. He was very helpful and made me feel much better! I'm glad that she'll get to come home with us tomorrow night, though! We can help each other out since it'll just be me tomorrow night as hubby is out of town on business...

So, I think we're all set. She's had dinner tonight and I'm about to pull up the water until tomorrow night. No breakfast in the morning. I have a few onesies ready to go.

Question on that...should I have the vet put the onesie on her after the surgery? I'm a little concerned about putting it on her after the surgery when she gets home?

Please keep her in your thoughts tomorrow...and I'll post an update (or two ) tomorrow night! Thanks for all of the help and support...I've read so many of the spay threads and they've been SO helpful!
    Lindsay, Andy and Gracie (our 11 month old Blenheim bundle of joy!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Awwww, this is probably going to be tougher on mummy than on Gracie. I'm sure it will all go well, but that doesn't stop us from fretting does it.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~

Post Thanks / Like

I have absolutely NO doubt about that Caraline! The vet tech asked if she was getting nervous about her surgery! I said, "I don't think she has a clue, but I definitely am!" He just laughed. He said a lot of things that made me a lot more comfortable. I'll just be glad tomorrow night when she's home!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Let us know how she does - and a few deep breaths for you! I am sure all will go well for you both!
    Mom to Harley & Carley (7months)

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet Gracie, We send our best wishes for a speedy recovery ...Katy goes next Tuesday ...let her know what to expect!

Nancy
    Teddy and sweet, little Katydid

Post Thanks / Like

Harly&Carley and nlg, thanks so much!

Andy dropped her off this morning and said that she didn't even seem scared. That made me feel better! We left a toy with her and the onesie. They're going to put it on her after surgery. That just seemed to make more sense than trying to put it on her after we got home and the pain killers were starting to wear off.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Gracie recovers quickly - let us know how she gets on
    Casshon

Molly (Blenheim) & Bella (Tri)
    Honey, Cassie & Tiki (Cavalier Angels)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie's Mommy View Post
    We left a toy with her and the onesie. They're going to put it on her after surgery. That just seemed to make more sense than trying to put it on her after we got home and the pain killers were starting to wear off.
    Smart thinking! Well, once you get her home & all snuggled up, let us know how she went.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Will be thinking of Gracie tommorow and you.

Try not to worry, I know it is easier said than done but believe me we worry and everything is always fine. They will most likely send her home with medication.
    Mom to Daniel, Derrick, David
    Dudley 3 Years Old
    Darby 1 Year Old

Post Thanks / Like

We will be thinking of you!! -Natalie
    Barkleigh Bianca’s mom and dad