• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Gracie's spay tomorrow...

We have a two story house, so we have two flights of stairs to go down to get to the patio where we take her out. Right now she hardly even considers going up/down them herself. In fact, she just stares up at them...on a regular day she goes up and down them with us all day/evening! The vet said to use a leash on the stairs so she couldn't run them...but, right now that isn't much of a problem. We are carrying her right now and just going very slowly.

I know what you mean about worrying about falling/dropping her though...I'm known for being kind of clumsy and have fallen down our stairs before. I'm just being extra careful when I've got her in my arms...

Gracie is doing much better today. I called the vet about the poop problems...they, of course, said it was normal. But, I felt better after I asked. They did suggest that I feed her small quantities multiple times per day for the next day or so to add up to her pre-surgery amount. So anyway, she is definitely doing better...she's had more luck outside today and has generally been more herself. :)

Hi Lindsay....Glad to hear Gracie is better today and beginning to get back to herself. Lily is just sleeping. She has gone pee-pee twice. She has not wanted any water or food. She did take her pain pill with a little peanut butter off my finger. She is in bed for the night now. How long before Gracie wanted to eat or drink?

The vet told us not to feed her the night of her spay, but to feed her a half portion the next morning. She had no problem eating that and has eaten fine since. She still doesn't seem to be drinking her normal amounts of water though...we've been giving her ice cubes when she's not drinking. It was a good 24 hrs after surgery that she began coming out of the fog and not sleeping quite as much.

Glad to hear that Lily is home and resting soundly!

Hi Lindsay,
How's Gracie's recovery? I'll be coming to you for advice when we finally take Fiona in :)

Do you have any tips?

I am getting Bella spayed in about a month and am already nervous.

Did you find the onesie helped?

Back