Thread: Shut eye

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Shut eye

My cavvy has tonight just started having trouble with his left eye, he seems to be having trouble keeping it open, it has happened since he and our other cavvy were let out of there cage while we were out for an hour, anyone any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You will probably have to get the vet to have a look at it as he could have something in it, is developing a corneal ulcer from some irritation, or has gotten it hurt in some way. Unfortunately there are some things that we just can't see by looking and require special drops to have them show up, so I think it is off to the vets.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~

Post Thanks / Like

this is what alfs was like for at least 2 days,i had a look and he had something in the eye it looked like a splinter,any way took him to the vets because it wasnt moving.the vet put him to sleep and found it was inbedded into the eye and that is was a thorn,it took the vet a good while to remove it as it was stuck.so perhaps get the vet to have a look, just in case.jus.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember Marlon having a similar problem at around 5/6 months old.

The vet said it was his eye colour changing !
    Very strange, but he was OK within a few days.

Best get him checked out to be sure though - good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Anything involving the eye should be checked immediately by a vet -- leaving it, if it is a cut or ulcer or something in the eye, could cause permanent serious damage. Remember cavaliers have extra large and prominent eyes and puppies especially can be prone to accidents that could damage them. So please don't wait to see what happens -- get your little guy in to the vet.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com