• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New Puppy - Different Breed?

Ok, don't tell Molly or Maxwell....but that golden doodle just might be the cutest dog I've ever seen!!!! He / she looks like a living teddy bear!!!!!!! :w*w:

Thanks for all your comments.

I must admit to having a soft spot for golden retreivers. Chester does seem more drawn to larger calmer dogs at the moment. There is a WestieX in our puppy class and she is a little manic & Chester cant get away from her quick enough.

Talking of puppy class, last night there was the cutest furball there. It was a Cavapoo (Cavalier X Miniature Poodle). She was absolutely gorgeous, her hair was long like a Cav but curly like a poodle. I did try to sneak her in my bag but her Mummy wasnt having any of it! ;o)

We have a cockapoo and cavalier both are about the same size and they are constant companions I think cav's are so social they will get along with :dogwlk: all breeds that are social.
judy

I would recommend Sammy's two best friends:

1) a female Finnish Lapphund :) I'm bias (living in Finland), but they are looovely dogs with a gentle, playful and obedient temperament. Very affectionate. Sammy and Pusu (his friend) LOVE each other and play for hours at a time. Male Lapphunds are striking too, but bigger and more independent.

Finnish Lapphund Club of Great Britain:
http://www.finnishlapphund-club.co.uk/start.htm

2) A Sheltie. Sammy's Sheltie friend is a very nice size for him to play with and is also quite gentle like Sam. Some Shelties can be shy, but they aren't aggressive like some other small dogs can be. I have met one who barks a lot though ;), though Sammy's friend doesn't.

Last edited:
Having become a regular viewer of "Breed all About" it on Animal planet, my top 2 non-cavalier picks, if I were going to get a non-cavalier friend for Lucky would be:

1) Pappillon
2) Sheltie

They both seem to have a lot of the qualities of Cavaliers that I love so much. I'd research health issues too of course, but I don't recall any big red flags raised on the show when describing these breeds (they did raise big concerns about the health issue on the Cavalier show).

i have a papillon , she's a little angel. but very bossy & plays rough so perhaps not suitable for dogs that are too timid

OMG-That Goldendoodle is PRECIOUS!! I naturally have a soft spot for Goldens and Wrigley and Mia get along great. Wrigley won't act like he LOVES her, but he looks for her if she's not in sight and they end up curling up together in the evenings. Goldens are pretty happy and bouncy, but Mia is an expert at jumping out of the way and she keeps up with him pace for pace. If you look into getting a golden, as always, be sure you go to a really good breeder and if you could see the parents that's a plus, too. I didn't know any better when I got Wrigley. Both parents were on site and it was their first litter together, but it was basically a backyard breeder situation. Wrigley has allergy issues which is pretty common for goldens...but I think you could avoid it somewhat with a good breeding situation. Can't say enough good things about goldens--they're happy, loving (especially the boys), clownish and VERY smart.

I got Mia because I wanted a "golden" personality/temperament in a smaller package--and she's exceeded my hopes. Love my little Mia girl! :luv:

Good luck! :)

Different Breed

Hi,

I have a Labrador and a Cavalier and they get on great together, they hate being apart. Hope this helps.

Back