• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Will her hair ever grow back?

Molly's mom

Molly had SM surgery 8 weeks ago. Her head was shaved and that area is growing back slowly but surely (thank goodness). :w**h**:

The problem area lies on her back where they shaved to put fentynl patches about 6 weeks ago. These areas don't seem to be growing a
bit :shock: In addition the adhesive residue is still there even after a bath.

Is it possible the hair won't grow back? Any suggestions on getting the adhesive off?

:thnx:

Bev I am interested to know the answer to this one too, because back in November our Scarlett had a patch on her neck shaved so the vets to take blood, and now 4 months later, it still looks like it was shaved yesterday.

How is sweet little Molly doing anyway? I saw some photos of a little Cavalier that was operated on for SM and it sure did look like a major scar. I do hope she is doing well.

How is sweet little Molly doing anyway? I saw some photos of a little Cavalier that was operated on for SM and it sure did look like a major scar. I do hope she is doing well.

It's been a long road, but she is doing really well now. Her incision was down the back of her neck, right down the white stripe with disolvable stitches and you can't even see it. The hair on her head is short but it is growing. The areas on her back (there are three) are like you mentioned, look as if they were shaved down to the skin yesterday:eek:

Poor little Molly. I think the main problem here is getting rid of the adhesive because the hair won't grow through that. I'd also be worried it would result in ingrown hairs. However, I don't know what you would use to get rid of the adhesive. Maybe the vet could help?

Bev, baby oil may help to get the adhesive off. Last month I had a sleep study and had adhesive all over me from the wires. I used baby oil and it came off pretty easily. Not sure how it would work on dog skin/hair.

Spencer had knee surgery last summer and it took a good six months for his hair to grow back.

Eucalyptus oil removed adhesive goop from skin in a blink, but I am not sure if it is safe to use on a dog.

I'd ask your vet about how to get rid of the adhesive -- they probably do this all the time. I have heard that hair sometimes takes a long time or doesn't completely grow back where those patches have been. You vet can probably tell you that as well.

I would say to use baby oil on adhesive. I've had to use medication patches before, and the packages said to use oil or lotion to remove the adhesive.

When India had her leg shaved for patella surgery, it seemed to take a few months to grow back.

I'm glad Molly continues to do well!:)

When Kendall's Rory had his SM surgery he was shaved and you would never know it now.

I will try and have a look for the pics of him and post the link, I think we should ask Kendall if we can have her permission to do so first.

Last edited:
Back