• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lily Is Out of Surgery

Shay

The Vet just called and Lily did fine, and was beginning to pick her little head up and look around. He found a growth on her right ovary the size of a bebe which was attached to her uterine horn. He said even a growth this small will cause the extra production of hormones which was causing her to go into recurring heat. He said he does not think it was anything other than a cyst because she is so young and cancer would be rare. He keeps the growth that he removed for at least six months in case she was to start bleeding again or she has any further problems. If that were to happen, he would then send it off for a biopsy. I am relieved and can't wait to pick her up. He said anytime after four as long as she is still doing well.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm so glad to hear that everthing went well and that the vet found a reason for the problem! What a relief to hear such great news. Hugs to you and Lily.:flwr:

Shay, I was just thinking about you and Lily! So glad to hear that she's doing well post-surgery and that you have an answer to the problem! Let us know how her recover goes!

I'm so relieved for both yourself and Lily.

Now you can relax and have a big cuddle when you pick her up. :)

Hopefully, it'll be clear sailing from here on in!! :xfngr:

What a good vet you have!! And what a good mommy lily has! :D I hope her recovery time is quick and that all else goes smoothly:xfngr:

So glad to hear that she did well and that the vet has a positive outlook on her. I hope for a speedy recovery! :flwr: :hug:

Phew what a relief Shay, sounds like a great Vet toooooooo.:) :)

She will be groggy, extra cuddling time for you both.:hug:

Give her a cuddle & kiss from me and the boys pleeeeeeeeeeeze.:lotsaluv: :flwr: :flwr:

so glad to hear she is out of surgery fine and you have an answer. well wishes for the rest of her recovery!!

So glad to hear Lily is doing good!! You must be so relieved, Shay.

Give Lilly hugs from my crew. I'm sure she'll feel better just being back with you. :flwr:

Thanks everyone for your well wishes! The little patient is home and is pretty pitiful. She just lies there and follows us with those big old sad eyes. She doesn't seem to be in too much pain, but the Vet sent her home with pain meds and said she can have one before she goes to bed. She is in her Daddy's lap on her sheep skin mat at the moment.

For those of you who commented on the Vet. I have to tell you this is a new Vet. The Vet I used for 13 years when I had Chloe did not do her surgery. That Vet is a good 35 to 40 mins from me since we built our house. I have been using this new Vet who is 3 mins away from me at the entrance to my subdivision. He has turned out to be wonderful. The first day I went there, I see his diploma is from LSU, same college where I graduated. As it turns out, he lost everything in Katrina and moved here. He actually lives right down the street from me and I didn't know it. I have heard nothing but raves about him since I started using him. I was very impressed when we picked her up and he came out and explained why he is keeping the tissue and the growth he removed. He said that if he had to go back in for any reason (like she started bleeding again) at a later date, he would be able to compare that tissue, to whatever might be there in a future surgery. I was very impressed by that. Anyway, thanks again for all the well wishes and prayers, it most definitely helped me get through this today. Lily says thank you too!

Awwww being from New Orleans I can relate ! Did he have a practice here ? I wonder where ?? I'm glad she is home and safe . Soft belly rubs and kisses to her !

I am so glad the surgery is all over & done with and she is home safe & sound with you. It is a good thing that cyst is out now. Hopefully everything will settle down. :hug:

Awwww being from New Orleans I can relate ! Did he have a practice here ? I wonder where ?? I'm glad she is home and safe . Soft belly rubs and kisses to her !

Hi Roxanne......He and his wife and two little girls lived in Lakeview. His practice was on Airline Highway.

Shay I'm so relieved for you that Lily is home and was in such good hands. I would love to have the relationship you describe with Tucker's Vet. He sounds wonderful. I'm sure her Daddy's lap is the best place for Lily right now, other than your lap of course. Thank God everything went so well today. I hope your little girl is back to her old self soon. Hugs and kisses to you both. Take care.

Back