• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Has anyone done anything with home pages?

Fridays Mommy - your homepage looks great!

I started mine today. Even did a dogblog entry (this is going to keep me from getting bored in work - shhh don't tell anyone :D )

Right now I have people set to have 1mb of space for their pages. That means you can do quite a few pics if you reduce the size. If you are using Flickr, download the Flickr Uploader tool (in Tools). Then, when you drag and drop a pic onto the uploader, it asks if you want them resized to take less space. You can place them on Flickr then download the small size and upload it to your profile and it will be a fairly small size. Others may be able to reduce pics using Paint or photo management software.

I have started messing around with my profile page and home page. I hope this isn't a stupid question but what is the difference?

LOL! I was wonderin' the same thing too casshon.....are the profile page and home page one and the same?

I'm so frustrated! I've tried to upload a pic into a block and everytime I push upload in only loads the background pic I used for the whole profile. I've tried my pics on the computer and flicker.

I hit background I then upload and it says refreshing picture and loads the paw prints picture. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Hi I am posting for Davey as she is having trouble - but here is an answer to photo issue:

Hiya

for some reason I can't post on the board at the moment .

But in answer to the how to post photos in the homepage you just need to click on profile then new blocks and then select photosfrom the middle section, chose which page you want it to go on (homepage or profile) and you have a new photo block. you can load as many as you want.

Donna (Davy)

I will go try it out and see if i have your same problem in a bit

Wow, I can't even figure out how to get my avatar with my name. I'm seriously computer challenged!!
When your logged in, go to top of page and click on far left, "User CP" then scroll down to "Edit Avatar"! Upload your image with a limit of 75pixels height.

I am good at wasting my time - I fooled around with the homepage last night but gave up. The real reason for the homepage is to show what other communities your linked to besides Cavalier Talk but you can edit the page as Karlin mentioned to use for other things. I tried to no avail last night to set it up as a photo gallery. I was able to import pics but I couldnt change the layout. When I tried to it wanted to change my profile page along with any layout choices I made. Then I got tired and lost interest ;) so went to bed. Davey has a knack for these things so I am taking the wait and watch approach on this one :cool:

Also Casshon left me a comment on my profile page - thanks! I replied but for whatever reason the actually comment doesnt show nor does my reply? Little quirks with the zoint set up now and again one day but gone the next. Oh well, its just a fun little extra and not a big deal, as long as the important posts at C.T. keep going up I am happy.

Last edited:
I'm a good time waster too, Debbie, especially when sitting at the computer! (Like right now I should be in the shower, doing laundry, finding something to eat, etc.) I looked over the home page, etc., but decided not to go too deep. I looked into the avatar this a.m.; the original was two pictures put together (duh) but may change on this one:) if I can get it figured out!

Boy, you can say that again...It sure can be a time waster, but it's fun. I finally had to employ the hubby's help and he said he would help me tonight. I realized what I was doing wrong. I've never done anything like this before so it became a challange. Today it's a blizzard and work was cancelled...yeah!...snow day!!!! ...so here I am again........

I love it! It's so good to be able to post news about your doggies that wouldn't quite make to threads.

Today it's a blizzard and work was cancelled...yeah!...snow day!!!! ...so here I am again........

A freakin' blizzard?? I'm glad I'm not you. It's supposed to be in the high 80's here tomorrow and in the 90's by the end of the week. That's a bit warmer than I really like, but I sure don't like to be cold!!

I'm glad you're here with us. I spend so much time hanging out in the Pub that I forget to welcome newcomers!

Back