• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Please help- Ginger just started limping

Gingers Mommy

Im not sure what to do- shes at the office with me today, and ive taken her out on 2 little walks where she was fine. She was sleeping in her bed and I woke her up to go for a little walk around the office, she didnt want to move and then I noticed she was holding her front left paw up and if she moved she wouldnt put pressure on it.
I looked at her paw/leg and massaged it, it seems like shes intolerant to me touching the pad of her paw and I saw what might be a tiny cut on one....but I dont know if this is what it is. EDITed to add....shes still not putting any pressure on it and ive seemed to localize it to that one pad with the little cut on it- she starts fidgeting as soon as I touch it. If she got poked with something or stepped on glass or got a splinter....how does one get it out? Is there any chance for infection? Should I go to the vet now? Or wait and see overnight as they suggested?
Shes not crying but shes not walking on it at all.....

Last edited:
If the vet said to wait overnight then that's probably fine but I'd have a vet look at it then if she's still limping.

I called again after re-inspecting and realizing it must be that cut. The girl said to clean it with peroxide and then apply neosporine on it 3x per day, put a sock around it so it doesnt get infected and make sure shes not licking at it. So I guess thats what we'll be doing, Im going to take her home now....good thing its friday and I have all weekend to keep an eye on her. Hopefully she'll get better quick, we had a cavalier meet up tomorrow at a brand new outdoor park that I wanted to go to :(
Better she is ok then anything though. Shes such a trooper- not even complaining.
A co-worker made a good point- perhaps she stepped on a staple......
Karlin-you think if shes still limping tomorrow I should take her in right? I sometimes wonder when I call in because im not talking to the actual "vet" although im sure they get calls like this all the time....i just worry lots

Hi Estee. I hope Ginger is feeling better soon. I am still planning to go to the meet-up tomorrow & was looking forward to meeting you both. Much more important though that she heal and feel better. It's no fun to see them suffering. There'll be other meet-ups and' she'll have a lot more fun if he foot is not hurting. :)

Back