• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Scout is home!

Julie S

He finally came home to us last night!

Although yesterday was QUITE the long day. It took me about 6 hours to make a drive that normally takes 3. :drivecar: Yesterday there were torrential downpours in So Cal that of course, made the freeways come to a standstill. Don't even get me started. :rolleyes:

He was so good in the crate the whole way back, and was so excited to get out when we arrived home and explore everything in sight. He's had a few accidents in the house, but has also gone a number of times outside as well. I'm sure we'll get there, but I don't think he's understood the whole "potty outside" thing yet. He'll learn.

Today he's eaten/drank a little more, and has already had several naps. Last night he slept (with only a tad bit of whining) for about 7 hours, waking us up at 5:30 AM for a potty. We've been practicing putting him in his crate during sleepy times for a little while, and I think he *may* be catching on - he just came out of the crate not too long ago and wasn't whining at all. Good boy. He is absolutely precious and so cuddly. This is our first puppy, so understandably we're a little overwhelmed by this pup who needs our attention - NOW! And all the time, please! ;) He is such a little lovebug.

Some pics:

With daddy last night

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

"Is it OK if I sit with my bottom on daddy's head?"

IMG_1266.jpg

"OK, that was rude. I'll get off."

IMG_1267.jpg

MORE ...

This morning he got to take a li'l nap on his parents' bed ...

IMG_1270.jpg

"Sooo comfy ..."

IMG_1272.jpg

"I like this position."

IMG_1276.jpg

"Or maybe this one?"

IMG_1277.jpg

"Ahhh, finally ..."

IMG_1278.jpg

So many new sights and smells ...

IMG_1260.jpg

We just returned from visiting our in-laws who have a great backyard. Scout loved all the grass and had an absolute blast playing around. Currently, he's completely passed out on the couch. ;)

Oh my goodness! Scout is adorable! Yippee, you've finally got him home!!!!!

I hope you have such a wonderful time together and many best wishes for the future!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Awwww he is such a beautiful boy. Look at him on that bed. He thinks he has landed in heaven.... and he's probably right. :D Congratulations!

He is absolutely precious. I love the way puppies walk all over their humans!! Enjoy watching him grow and develop. It is a lot of work but a wonderful experience.

Julie he is gorgeous! Wow, what an adorable puppy. Congratulations, I'm so happy for you. Wait and see how quickly your heart is filled with love. It's a beautiful experience.

Loving those ADORABLE pictures of Scout! Take one in the Juicy tee! He is an absolute doll. Be prepared for much attention whenever you go out!! :dogwlk: -Natalie

Congratulations! Oh wow those pictures are priceless! You really couldn't have asked for a cuter puppy :) It sounds like Scout is adjusting well too - it takes time. Bella hasn't really gotten the concept of going outside yet, but she is litter box trained. Even then, she still has accidents (like the surprise I got last night in the bathroom - ick!)

Can't wait to hear more stories about Scout's first week!

Scout is just too adorable. There is nothing better then a cav puppy, enjoyed all the pictures more please.:flwr:

Back