Thread: Why we should ROTATE food selections

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Why we should ROTATE food selections

This is also from the Dog Food Analysis site, which I mistakenly posted under general discussion. A brief essay on good reasons to vary our choice of dog food, ensuring they get not only variety but also a good mix of ingredients and supplements.

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/changing_foods.htm

Dogs (actually all mammals) are designed to consume a range of different foods, and to obtain differing vitamins and minerals from each. They are not designed to eat “only chicken” or “only lamb” or any other food item for eternity. Changing foods, importantly the contents of those foods, every so often helps to give them the variety their bodies were designed to thrive on.

Here's the link to the dog food analysis/reviews:
    http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/

Dorothy

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks for those articles Dorothy. I especially enjoyed the link about rotating foods. I too am a firm believer in providing lots of variety, regardless of whether one is feeding fresh foods or kibble.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~

Post Thanks / Like

jadan is on two diffenent brands/flavours at the moment and by luck he didnt have any ill effects introducing another brand although i know you are supposed to introduce it over a week. but how does that work anyway? i mean if you are giving variety then it will chop and change. is it because it has the same make up do you think? ie protein etc ratio?
    my mummy lurrrrves me!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

ok so i read the link after i posted!!!! i get it now
    my mummy lurrrrves me!!!!