• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Charlie - 14/10/92 - 20/04/07

Pepsi

Hi. Unfortunately my beautiful Charlie is appearing here earlier than I hoped he would be :( He was put to sleep on Friday afternoon, at home, with my partner and I present. He had a good day. He went for a couple of small walks, had tuna and milk for lunch, and some Easter Egg for dessert.

He had a good long and happy life. The house is horrible and empty without him, but I'm glad we let him go when we did, before he suffered too much pain.

Be happy and pain-free my baby boy. I love you loads.
Paula xx

I am so sorry for your loss. Charlie was a lucky pup to have you as his family. Hoping that sweet thoughts of him bring comfort in time. He is running pain free and happy now at the bridge. And he will always be in your life looking down over your shoulder.

Paula I am so sorry. You were able to give him the gift of a gentle passing though before he was in real pain, and in the surroundings that he loved.

His face is so lovely -- he always looked such a gentleman.

Bless you & your husband Paula, for being with Charlie right to the very end. You have given him the gift of a painfree & fear free passage to the Rainbow Bridge. The other day when you said his time had come, I went and had a look at some of the pictures you had posted up of him and he sure is a beautiful boy and his persoanlity comes across in the photos. May Old Father Time mend your broken heart.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there... I do not sleep.
I am the thousand winds that blow...
I am the diamond glints on snow...
I am the sunlight on ripened grain...
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you waken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of gentle birds in circling flight...
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry—
I am not there... I did not die...

Wishing you peace ---hold onto all of those precious memories:( ...he had a long life.:flwr:

Precious boy!! Bless you, Paula, for letting him go with his dignity and relatively pain free. Time will heal although he will never be forgotten. You've now gone through the hardest thing a pet owner will ever have to endure.

Rest well Charlie...you were loved and you are now free.

Charlie

I'm sorry that you had to let Charlie go. I know that you have been agonizing over this for some time and that you had reservations about being there at the end. I hope that you and your partner found some peace in the experience and that you will be able to remember all the good times that you had with him like your trip over the holidays. As Karlin said, he had the face of a real gentleman and lived a good long life. I'll be thinking about you in the coming days.

Margaret

Paula I am so sorry for you loss :( at least there was no pain and you were with him, he is a happy chappy looking down on you :paw:

Paula i am so sorry for your loss, charlie was a real gentleman but u gave him a peaceful passing!

U and ur partner are in our thoughts

Aww, bless, he was a lovely old man, you'll miss him but soon you'll realize it was a good decision. He's absolutely free now.

So sorry for your loss. No matter how old they get, they're still our babies. He's not in pain now...and yours will lessen with time. He'll always be with you.
Karin

Paula, I'm sorry for your loss.

Charlie was a gorgeous boy, he had a long life and now, is free.

Thinking of you at this time. Take care.:flwr: :flwr:

I just saw your notice about Charlie. What a wonderful life he had with you and what a wonderful gift of a peaceful death you were able to give to him. He will be waiting at the Bridge for you. Run free, sweet Charlie, run free.

I'm so sorry for your loss. He had a wonderful life and went free before being in too much pain. :hug:

Back