• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Onion!!?

Coco's mom

I have a quick question. I'm a little worried. Coco just picked up a tiny piece of onion from the kitchen floor, and of course, quickly ate it. Anytime anything falls off the kitchen counter while cooking, she runs to get it! Should I worry about the onion??? It was a small piece.

My guess (& it is a guess) is that she will probably be just fine. Some of the foods that are toxic to dogs won't cause problems in small amounts, nor as a one-off mistake, but over time the toxins can build up. If she were mine, I'd just keep an eye on her. I used to always give my dogs left over stews & casserols that contained onion & raisins and nothing bad ever happened. These days of course I don't feed them, just to be on the safe side.

Nah it should be fine, such a small piece can't do too much harm. Ollie's stolen a broken off bit of chocolate once and no harm yet :flwr:

Thank you! What a relief... She's fine.
She loves to watch me in the kitchen and wait for things to fall on the floor. Her nose is always to the ground!
Thanks again!

She loves to watch me in the kitchen and wait for things to fall on the floor. Her nose is always to the ground!

Coco's Mom...you are by no means alone in that one! Gracie is right beside me anytime I'm cooking! She knows where the food comes from! LOL! :D

Scout is the same way. She hangs right at my feet when I'm slicing and dicing. Not only her, but my cat, Alex, does the same thing. I really have to look down before I move when I'm cooking. The good thing is there is never any small, tiny pieces of food on my floor. Scout even ate a piece of banana that fell on the floor. She scours the kitchen at least once a day. When we go to my mom's house she goes all along the cabinet....just in case...you never know what you will find. LOL

Back