• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Birth mark or something else?

Heather Kay

I noticed while giving my 10-week old puppy a bath yesterday that she has these black spots on the fleshy part of her back feet and one single black splotch on her right paw. When I examined the spots more closely, they have this bluish-like tint to them. She doesn't appear to have any problems walking as she is very active, so I am thinking they could just be birth marks...but how did I not notice them before? I was wondering if this could be a symptom of something more serious or if I am just being overly worried?

Kosmo has black spots on the bottom of his feet too.. I think it may be normal.. ANd they just appeared out of the blue one day!! I called the vet freaking out because "spots" had shown up on his tummy but it just ended up being freckles icon_blshing

I think she is OK if it's not causing her pain but you can always have the vet tell you @ your next appt :)

I do believe it is just a change in pigmentation ? My boys have the same. Not sure about the bluey colour though ??

Just normal colouring. Puppies often start with all pink paws then start to get black spots on them. On another list I was on someone asked how to wash oil stains off her cavalier puppy's feet as these black splotches had suddenly appeared and she'd washed and washed but couldn't get the stain off. :lol:

On another list I was on someone asked how to wash oil stains off her cavalier puppy's feet as these black splotches had suddenly appeared and she'd washed and washed but couldn't get the stain off. :lol:

haha! That's funny! Glad I'm not the only worry bug on here :)

Heather - you're too cute! My guess would also be freckling. I think it's wonderful that you are so aware of her little body. It will serve you well as she grows. You will notice if something is wrong. Give her a good going-over several times a week.

:D My hubby came in all concerned last night because he had noticed black spots on Beau's feet. I heckled him very badly over it. He is a human doctor, so don't feel too silly Heather ;)

Heather, Bella Mia is so lucky to have a mommy her loves her as much as you do. :flwr:

:D My hubby came in all concerned last night because he had noticed black spots on Beau's feet. I heckled him very badly over it. He is a human doctor, so don't feel too silly Heather ;)

Thats's so funny.:lol:

Back