• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Molly is in season!

ourempire

Our little girl has grown up and is now in season. At "puppy school" the boys are very interested, as she is in them! Saturday we suddenly caught her in our neighbours' garden, where she was playing with his male! dog, Simba. She had dug a tunnel under the garden fence! Luckily, nothing happened, but if they are both outside, they certainly are interested in one another. Simba is a cross-breed of unknown race, and we are certainly not interested in any puppies!
Well, we put some large stones along the fence, so she couldn't dig anymore, but today we took some pictures of her trying to get over to Simba. We have now called the vet and will have her spayed in a month or two!

470251508_72b0b586b8.jpg

Hello! Want to play?

470251506_0ec61f19cf.jpg

Hey! Somebody blocked the tunnel!

470251500_d532371bc6.jpg

Kisses through the fence...

How sweet!!
But a good thing that you're spaying her. They'd get to each other eventually otherwise!! :wink:

Aww thats so sweet! :l*v: Sure beats our neighbours snarling yapping pooshes! Though they are quite nice when not behind a fence :)

Ain't love grand :luv: Be very careful thought. You would be amazed at what they can do it through, over, under & out of and all of a sudden they can jump higher, dig deeper & run faster. :razz:

If it were me, I would not take her to puppy school until her season is over. Give it about a month from when she first went in just to be safe. I would also recommend you be with her at all times when she is outside and don't let her anywhere near a male. You just don't want to take a chance. You would be absolutely amazed how quickly some of those boys can tie. In fact, you don't even need a tie for a pregnancy to happen.

Yes! The vet is waiting...

... thanks for all your replies! This morning she dug a new tunnel, behind a garden shed, where some ivy could hide her mischiefs! I was inside for half an hour, decided to check on her, and bingo! She was next door again!
I quickly ran around the house and into their back garden to fetch her. They were playing happily, but I thought her behind was a little wet - and some time had passed, since I last saw her, so I called the vet.
This time we decided to order a scan for her, the 21st of May we will know, if she is pregnant. If so, we must have it terminated. It saddens me a bit, but we never wanted puppies with her, and if so, it should be with another CKCS, not a dog of indefinte race. If she is NOT pregnant, we will have her spayed that day! Besides she is very young (from 30/9/2006)!
Once again I have found some garden stones and blocked the new hole and potential ones... ahhh - the joys of having a teenager! ;)

Crossing my fingers for you that she is not pregnant. Please keep an eye on her anytime she is outside; don't leave her alone. Dogs become EXTREMELY resourceful when they want each other.

If I could suggest just one more thing. If she is not pregnant, wait about 2 to 3 months after she is done with her season to have her spayed.

Aww those are so cute yet so dangerous!! haha. Fiona is in season now too, and she was born Sept 23 2006, so she's just a week older than Molly!! I guess it's that age...good luck ;)

Back