• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Our newly adopted Reba

JeanKC

Jean and I brought home Reba Sunday afternoon. She was found wandering around a Houston suburb, 'starving', in the words of the resuce folks. They estimate her age at 3-5 years, but she doesn't seem that old to me. Maybe because she's small. Very likely a mix. Depending on the angle, she looks either all Cavalier, or a little Cocker, or a lot Cocker, or maybe even Cocker and Cavalier with a hint of Poodle in the snout.

They said she had rather severe potty issues, which we havn't seen even a hint of. She was spending a LOT of time in a crate while fostered... and I couldn't help but think that a doggie door and four other trained dogs in the family would help her.

Whatever she is, she's a love. Reasonably calm, tail wagging all the time, and follows me (KC) around like a shadow. We expected it would take a few days at least to get used to the other dogs, but after an hour or so all seemed well. Today she's started trying to join in the play with Beauregard and Elvis. That's touch-and-go right now, but they'll get the hang of it. I was a bit hesitant about getting a 'used' dog, but just one day has convinced me it was 'right'. :luv:

reba3.jpg

reba5.jpg

reba7.jpg

Good for you and good for Reba, she is gorgeous.
I am glad she is settling in well, she certainly looks happy in the pics. Thank you for helping this little girl.

Congrats! She is really pretty. Looks like *probably* a cavalier cocker cross to me especially as someone has docked her tail, though she could be a docked cavalier by someone who didn't know much about cavaliers (she could be a BYB or puppy mill cavalier -- that longish nose is something you'd often see). But I'd lean towards a cocker/cavalier cross. Def not pure cocker.

Either way you have a lovely girl!

She looks so happy to be home with you all. And she is just adorable. Love the new name too. She will give you back so much love after everything she has been through. What a terrific addition to your family. Wonderful that you rescued her.

She looks wonderful and happy, KC! She's a very lucky girl!

cl*p Here's to you and Jean for rescuing Reba! cl*p

Reba is beautiful. She has a pretty name to go with her pretty face. God bless you for taking her in. She looks very comfortable and happy to me.

She is beautiful! I'd say she's a poorly breed Cocker. Her head in the first shot looks like she has a longish domb like a Cocker. Her her legs are wide/stocky looking like a Cocker, too. She's so lucky to have found you...and you her, "used" dogs are the best, they know they've been rescued! :) What a cute name, too!

She is beautiful, what a lucky dog. Looks like a cavalier head and cocker legs and tail to me.

Awww, poor little girl.
At least she has found a happy home with other spaniels to play with. :)
Well done KC for giving her a second chance.

Back