• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Getting my puppy tommorow!!

Battie4

Well its been a long wait but I will finally get to pick up Waffles tommorow from the breeder's house!! Ive visited a couple of times already and its been great!1 I just want to fast forward thru today so that I can hurry up and see her!!!

Ive spent the last 3 days just literally "puppy proofing" the house. Its amazing how much clutter gets accumalated when your living with 5 other guy housemates!! But is there any last minute tips or anything I should be prepared for when the new pup comes home? Also another question i have is how to introduce my pup to the other dog we have in the house? Any info is much appreciated! Cant wait for tommorow!

Jon Chang

I completely understand, the last day is the hardest! At least you have gotten in some visits. I was supposed to go visit my pup 3 years ago before I picked him up and the breeder called the day of our visit hysterical because her favorite uncle had just died. Understandably, nothing much I could say so I had to wait until pick up day. Then that day (Valentin'es) it was one of the rare ice/snow days we get in Dallas and she called to see if I wanted to reschedule pick up because the roads were back. I was like "NO! I will walk out there and get him if I have to!" Good luck, can't wait to see pictures

Well finally happy news after a day on recall issues! Enjoy and naturally, post pics!

thanks I will definently post pictures when I get her tommorow!!

Ok this might be a dumb question but I heard that to reduce tearing in the eyes you can feed the dog bottled water? Is that true? Also should it be cold cold water or just room temperature water?

Jon Chang

how very exciting!!!!!! congrats!!!

re: tear staining and bottled water... i didn't know that! funny b/c we've been giving Maggie bottled water anyway. Well, she still has tear staining.... so now that iI've read what you posted, I'm not sure if it's lessened b/c of the water or maybe the water doesn't have a significant effect, since she still has the stains. Anyway, we're using Angel Eyes (read a post about it on this board -- do a search to find out more!). I also heard that FourPaws has a solution that works well too.

well, good luck w/ bringing home Waffles!! I absolutely love the name!! :rah::rah::rah:

I know you can't wait until tomorrow. It will probably be hard to sleep tonight. Pics as soon as you can please.

Tee hee!! You are in the nesting phase!!! ;) I sanitized and cleaned the entire house before Zoey got here. It was a litte obsessive...:v*cuum:

I haven't heard anything about the bottled water and tear staining...but I just wipe them off with a warm wash cloth every evening after my kids eat and none of mine have stains. High quality food makes a difference too, but tearing is a breed trait so controlling it is the biggest priority. (contact solution helps too!!).

Introducing the pup should be a slow process. Make sure the two are supervised ALL THE TIME when together, and also make sure the other dog can have quiet alone time away from Waffles when it has had enough. Good Luck and I can't wait to see pictures!! :luv: :luv:

Tee hee!! You are in the nesting phase!!! ;) I sanitized and cleaned the entire house before Zoey got here. It was a litte obsessive...:v*cuum:
Yup me too, and I bet your house like mine, has never been clean since what with toys, cookie crumbs, messy puppy eaters...

Congratulations, they are hard work but they are so loving, bet Waffles will settle in brilliant.:D

wow that's great news!!! Congats!..sorry never heard about the bottled water to get rid of staining??? i used to just use warm water..but when it really stains i just use some saline solution on a cloth and it gets it off really nicely. Cant wait to see lots of pics of Waffles!

Good luck tomorrow I had a two hour drive to get finn I think I broke all the speed limits getting there lol not something I normally would do.

We love finn so much

Back