• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Today's Oprah - Wednesday

Joanne M

If it has not already aired in your area try to check it out. The show is ALL about dogs. I'm watching it now and it's wonderful.

Because I was so busy watching I started this thread a bit later than I wished I had. Oprah airs at 4:00 p.m. in my area. I happened upon the show I did not realize today's subject matter as I am not a regular Oprah watcher.

The subject matter, dog behavior, training (all gentle), celebrities and their dogs (only a few), the largest dog in the world and the smallest dog in the world and most importantly, an expert that advises how best to feed your dog.

Kudos to Oprah! I just finished watching it! I'm saving it on DVR to show my hubby when he gets home. I especially appreciate the part from the dog trainer...Her book "The Loved Dog" by Tamar Gellar focuses on positive dog training and how easy it is to train without using aggression. This is the method we have taken and I'm glad it is getting more and more attention. IMHO all people need to take this approach! There was also a list of the best feeding methods/diets and raw was at the top of the list (cooked being 2nd)! She even had a holisitic vet on...Now maybe more people won't think I'm such a nut feeding raw! The average folk just don't get it! Now more light has been placed on it. Hooray!!!!

It was terrific! I just sent an email on Oprah's website to say how great it was. Maybe if she gets lots of positive feedback (little play on words here), she will do it again. I LOVED when she asked Stedman, what is the big deal about taking 3 puppies instead of 2. He said HUGE. She said can we take 3? He said absolutely NOT! LOL. Way to go Oprah. Your 3 goldies are just adorable.

There was a lot of concern about her suggestions of feeding home cooked in light of the recent recalls. In addition to my k9diet list being very upset about the unbalanced approach her diet gave, they didn't feel she gave enough criticism of a system that could let this happen at all and the need for tighter laws.

I saw it posted here and turned it on for me and my young girls to watch .....

I did notice the unbalanced diet....but I dont feed raw so I can only go by whats posted here....but if people think Potatoes, carrots and rice and lamb are all their dogs need that would be disturbing.

What I personally didnt care for was the clip of the upcomming show~ where some gal in the audiance asks the Dr. about being alergenic to her husbands Pe*&*$( fill in the blank here) It made for some quick explaining here~

My girls are 10 and 8, here I thought I was safe, but yeah....Nope.

Not even a family show about dogs on Oprah....very dissapointing, they didnt need to use that clip to get viewers......;)

Last edited:
Yes, I was a little dissapointed that the diet portion wasn't more in depth...the holistic vet wasn't the most articulate person...

That being said - The entire show was lighthearted and briefly touched on all of these issues and in no way was the prepared meal shown represented as a full-balanced diet. If anything it should just make people interested in a more natural way of feeding staying away from low quality commercially prepared kibble with grains. I think we should focus on the fact that attention was given to the issues that so many people on this board wholeheartedly believe in. Maybe enough viewers will respond and she will have an episode dedicated solely to canine diets with a more detailed and correct holistic view. :)

I totally missed the part about diets, that's the part I needed the most.

I enjoyed seeing the doggies though! :)

Wasn't home all day, but I always tape Oprah when I'm gone. I'll watch it after American Idol.

That great dane, Gibson, was huge!! I just read something about him recently.

We have just this week switched (or, rather, are in the process) of switching to a raw diet. I was hoping for a little more on that but then the show just lightly touched on several things.

I wish I had caught it at the beginning though :confused:

i have been recording her everyday since she had the show on autism. i used to watch her more before, and then stopped, then after that show, i figured, i'd set it on my dvr everyday, and if it's something i'm not interested in, i'll just delete it. she does have a lot of good information on her show.

Back