• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

So what is everyone feeding now?

The hog thing is scary ... I hardly ever eat pork but last week I added some ham to soup ...

I could become a vegetarian (again), but clearly that's not the answer, since I'd probably just get e coli from my spinach and scallions...

yikes Sandy I didn't know that!!

I guess they will find out the effects of melamine on the human body soon.. .. .. :confused: It's unlikely they were able to quarantine both of the facilities before any melamine what-so-ever entered the human food chain. ANd what a waste of life for the hogs. :S

I know a while back there was talk about this possibly being a terroristic action.. So the criminals put it in the dog food knowing that the hogs would eat it and then it would enter the human food chain?? They maybe just didn't think far enough to know that the dogs would be affected too? Are my (uneducated!) conclusions too far fetched? I mean, it makes sense, right? I know it's not confirmed yet and it's heresay but it does make sense to me. . . hopefully that's not the case though.

What are the effects of melamine on the pig or do they know yet?

My girls are on EaglePack. I haven't kept up with this as I should have, but there have just been too many other things going on in my life lately. Not to say that the girls are not important, but there is only so much of my brain that will go around!

:mad: No, now they are starting to worry about OUR food-- there has been word on 2 hog farms that they have found melamine in the hogs system. sandy
Yup I spent 2 wks freaking over Kodee's cookie consumption but neglected to draw the connection to my own recent health problems. Not pleased to hear this as tests 2wks ago sent me to a kidney ultrasound last wk... still waiting on results. WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS FOLKS!

I thought of that after I had posted. The hog farms, the recent problems with packaged spinach and salads. P-nut butter with issues. Is ice cream still safe?

How about Chocolate ice cream? Best of both worlds. Add some Bailey's on top and I'm in heaven ....

Well, I feel better now, I checked out the Natura website and I feel more confident about what I'm feeding. Altho, Bentley had a little bit of loose stools this morning, but I think it was because the little stinker picked out the new food (Evo) and ate that. I mixed their old dog food with the new food, and they just loved the Evo...so much that I think they didn't even eat their old food at all. So, a little canned pumpkin today should help with any loose stools. I think my Poodle will do a lot better on the Evo, he has a difficult time with the dry food if it isn't real tiny (altho I do soak it for him so it's easier for him to chew, but I won't have to do that with the Evo).

Peanut butter has issues now too?!

Okay, get ready to cry for me. Since I've had this burning mouth syndrome candy actually hurts me. Isn't that sad? However, I can eat some ice cream and get away with it (and I do - usually fudge ripple).

There was some big recall on peanut butter not too long ago - I think it was primarily Peter Pan, but I'm not sure. I do know that the grocery store shelves around here are low on their peanut butter supply. I eat Jiff reduced fat and was getting ready to order it on-line when I ran into a mother lode at a store in another part of town! Bought 4 big jars! Love peanut butter and apples!

Chocolate ice cream w/Baileys? Oh my. That sounds do-able!

Getting back to serious doggie diet, Renee, I switched Lucky over to the Evo 100% without mixing at all, given my concerns about the recall. I added the pumpkin in right away.

I've continued with the pumpkin, and also did what someone suggested here a while ago - I've made frozen pumpkin cubes. I filled a tray and take one cube out each morning and evening. I have ceramic dishes for his highness (I mean Lucky ...) and I defrost a cube each meal for about a minute in the microwave at 50%. Then he does a little happy dance as the microwave finishes and I mix in the Evo.

Seems to be working pretty well so far ... he LOVES it. :dogwlk:

Have been feeding EVO for a few years now, recently just tried switching to Timberwold but Dudley did not do well on it at all.

I am off to the Vet on Saturday with both boys, I will ask her opinion on all of this. I sure am glad that EVO is not affected and contains no grain.:) :)

I took Wrigley off RC27 on Friday and started him on Innova Small Bites on Monday. For the first few days, I added some rice and veggies or shredded cheese to get him to eat it, but now he seems happy to eat it as it is. I like the look of the ingredients, the first 2 being Turkey and Chicken. He seems happy and his poop is firm. If this goes on the recall list, I think I will give up and just home cook for him (much to his delight!).

I think we should all write to Evo and ask if we can get a discount because we have basically tripled their business!!:D

That's a great idea about making pumpkin cubes Lani! I'll give that a try, the boys will love it! I should 've started the pumpkin right away when I made the switch to Evo yesterday....duh....LOL!

Peter Pan so far, hmmm....I usually by Skippy, hope that is safe, I love my peanut butter, LOL! And hey...there is actually a Bailey's Irish Cream ice cream....it's fabulous, I tried it once!! Check it out!

I'll be interested in what your vet thinks Linda, I'm relieved that Evo isn't affected too. **sigh of relief**

The pumpkin cubes are excellent. I just toss them in their food while they are frozen and pour warm water over it. Zoey especially loves them because she is teething. It helps to slow down my scarfers as well.

Good topic - I was wondering the same thing! I am feeding Royal Canin Mini Puppy only because that's what the breeder had her on, but I wanted to switch her ASAP. RC has already recalled other lines and I'm terrified her food will be next. I would LOVE to do raw/homecooked but it's not going to work with my schedule. It's sad that most nights I can't even get around to cook myself a home meal! :)

I was going to go with Wellness until I read Kodee's message about their inattentiveness/avoidance about the recall issue, so I'm back to square one.

So Canidae is a good choice? I've heard a lot of dogs have stomach issues w/ Innova Evo....

Back