Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So what is everyone feeding now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The hog thing is scary ... I hardly ever eat pork but last week I added some ham to soup ...

I could become a vegetarian (again), but clearly that's not the answer, since I'd probably just get e coli from my spinach and scallions...
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

yikes Sandy I didn't know that!!

I guess they will find out the effects of melamine on the human body soon.. .. .. It's unlikely they were able to quarantine both of the facilities before any melamine what-so-ever entered the human food chain. ANd what a waste of life for the hogs. :S

I know a while back there was talk about this possibly being a terroristic action.. So the criminals put it in the dog food knowing that the hogs would eat it and then it would enter the human food chain?? They maybe just didn't think far enough to know that the dogs would be affected too? Are my (uneducated!) conclusions too far fetched? I mean, it makes sense, right? I know it's not confirmed yet and it's heresay but it does make sense to me. . . hopefully that's not the case though.

What are the effects of melamine on the pig or do they know yet?
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

My girls are on EaglePack. I haven't kept up with this as I should have, but there have just been too many other things going on in my life lately. Not to say that the girls are not important, but there is only so much of my brain that will go around!
    Critter -
    RIP Wallis, John Robert, Tibby & Pip
    Mom to JoJo, Roxie & Linguini (Cavaliers)
    and my birds Moji (Senegal) and Walter (Blue Front Amazon)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WoodHaven View Post
    No, now they are starting to worry about OUR food-- there has been word on 2 hog farms that they have found melamine in the hogs system. sandy
    Yup I spent 2 wks freaking over Kodee's cookie consumption but neglected to draw the connection to my own recent health problems. Not pleased to hear this as tests 2wks ago sent me to a kidney ultrasound last wk... still waiting on results. WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS FOLKS!

Post Thanks / Like

I thought of that after I had posted. The hog farms, the recent problems with packaged spinach and salads. P-nut butter with issues. Is ice cream still safe?
    Critter -
    RIP Wallis, John Robert, Tibby & Pip
    Mom to JoJo, Roxie & Linguini (Cavaliers)
    and my birds Moji (Senegal) and Walter (Blue Front Amazon)

Post Thanks / Like

Is Chocolate still safe??LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LMAO Sandy! Can't live without our chocolate!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WoodHaven View Post
    Is Chocolate still safe??LOL
    Bite your tongue - chocolate is always safe to a woman!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How about Chocolate ice cream? Best of both worlds. Add some Bailey's on top and I'm in heaven ....
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I feel better now, I checked out the Natura website and I feel more confident about what I'm feeding. Altho, Bentley had a little bit of loose stools this morning, but I think it was because the little stinker picked out the new food (Evo) and ate that. I mixed their old dog food with the new food, and they just loved the Evo...so much that I think they didn't even eat their old food at all. So, a little canned pumpkin today should help with any loose stools. I think my Poodle will do a lot better on the Evo, he has a difficult time with the dry food if it isn't real tiny (altho I do soak it for him so it's easier for him to chew, but I won't have to do that with the Evo).

Peanut butter has issues now too?!
    ~Renee, Bentley & Bailey & Maddie