• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

how often do you bruch teeth???

Azriel

so, just wondering how often people brush their dog's teeth?? and do you use dog toothpaste, or just a brush/cloth, or something else??? any suggestions on the best way to do it or the best time....before eating, end of day, etc???

My big plan was to brush the dogs teeth every day, but in reality it gets done about 3 times per week. I don't really have a routine as to when I do it, just part of the daily grooming session. I do use a dog toothpaste, but I have heard it said that the paste is not the important bit and can be left out if the dog objects to it. I use a double ended brush, with one head being quite tiny & the other larger.

When you find out the best way to do it, let me know as I find it not that easy on the Cavaliers. The Boxers are really easy as they have huge mouths & a flip top head, and if it goes in the mouth they adore it... no matter what it is.

Last edited:
I brush the boys teeth everyday, I use chicken or vanilla doggie toothpaste and a childs toothbrush. I sit them on top of the washer so they can not move around too much and I can see into thier mouth better with out breaking my back. My boys enjoy having their teeth brushed, I think they really like the toothpaste. I do it at all times of the day. Usually around lunchtime, but I really don't think it matters.

I tend to brush Marlons teeth twice a week.
He loves the toothpaste and goes mad when he sees the toothbrush coming out.
I let him lick the toothpaste and then start brushing.

As he loves to chew on the brush the back teeth get brushed by him !
I 'wiggle' it about a bit turn it upside down and it works a treat !

The front ones are a different matter......

World War 3 breaks out when I try and get the front ones, but in the end it all turns out well !

Not brushing - but have really clean teeth

Guinness:paw: - our old man at 11 has been on a BARF diet for a year and a half. Quite soon after starting we noticed that most of the tartar had been removed.

They(Guinness, Willow and Bailey) have to do a lot of crunching on their raw chicken wings and raw chicken necks - which helps to clean their teeth without our intervention.

:dogwlk:

Back