• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Waffles is here!!!!!!!!!!

Battie4

Waffles is here!!!! UPDATED WITH PHOTOS

Alright well it has been a very long but exciting day for me! I finally got to pick up Waffles and right now she is resting peacefully in her cage. As both her and I are pooped out I will post a complete post tommorow but here is a good picture of her in her new home!

UPDATE

Well the first day/night was eventful...... to say the least. Waffles was definently a hit with my friends that came over! Her popularity is spreading quickly!! On the way home all she really wanted to do was just try and sit in my lap so she kept trying to crawl out of the car seat.

The drive home was to say the least very difficult. Apparently she is small enough still to fit where the seat belt is suppose to go through the lookout II. I would have taken a picture of her trying to get out but it was hard enough keeping one hand on the wheel and 1 hand constantly pushing her back into the seat once she climbed out!! Once she got home though I definently thought that she would poo so I took her outside and stood there literally 30 minutes while she just romped around but she never went to the bathroom so I just took her in and literally the minute I took her into my bedroom where I put her cage she promptly pooped on the floor!! And the poop was HUGE! It was amazing how much poop there was!!

Second thing was she did ok with Sugar. I guess Sugar is not very dog socialized she kept sniffing at Waffles but would not play with her. Waffles was of course head down butt in the air tail wagging wanting to play and running circles around sugar, but Sugar just kept right on smelling Waffles and kind of backing away. Eventually later in the night Sugar kind of playful ran circles around Waffles and they ended up chasing one another for a bit. One weird thing was though that Waffles somehow really likes the dry food we feed Sugar. I had put the Natural Balance food for her in her bowl but she kept trying to sneak into Sugar's bowl to try to eat her nutro dry food. THe only thing we can think of is the chunks are smaller and Waffles probably has never smelled that type of food before.

Now for the night well I put her in her crate around 10pm and she slept well till around 1am when she started whining. I let her out and walked her to the door and literally right before she was about to step out the door she stopped and went pee right before she stepped out of the door. So at this point im 0 for 2 for potty training haha!! She had a hard time going back into the crate she kept whining so I let her out of the crate and let her chew a nylabone for a bit and she cuddled up next to me and ina bout 15 minutes when i put her back in the crate she didnt whine. But once again at 4am I hear her whining. So instead of leading her to the door this time I just pick her up and put her outside and she did go pee. I was happy to see that it was our first "succesful" potty training incident. Once again though she whined when I tried to put her back in the cage so I let her chew on a nylabone and let her cuddle a bit and 15-20 minutes later when I put her back int he crate she was fine. And then for the third time she wakes up at around 6am. At first I didnt want to get up cause I didint think there was anyway she could still pee without having any water since the last pee but I also didint want to clean up any poo/pee in the cage so I let her outside and she went poo this time so Im very glad I did let her out! Now its about 7am and shes all tired again so shes back in her crate sleeping.

One thing I thought was kinda funny is she can snore!!! Its not loud yet but its definently very constant. It sounds kind of more like a whining to me at first but I realized later it was definently snoring!

Also she doesnt really seem to eat a whole lot. I measured about about 1/3 of a cup of the natural balance and put it in her bowl and she will kind of pick at the food but not really eat it. I would say she has had less than 15 pieces of the kibble since last night. I think it may be all the excitment with everyone there and Sugar so hopefully she will adjust. I think Sugar is more interested in the food then Waffles she keeps trying to steal pieces of the kibble from Waffle's bowl and keeps trying to take some of nylabones and other toys that Waffles has chewed on.

Also I read in a book somehwere that cavs like to scoot on their butt. Well apparently Waffles is definently one of those cavs! She really likes to scoot on her butt. Is there anyway of breaking this habit of hers? Also if she only continues to eat a little bit of her food should I just elave it out longer and see if she will finish it?

But all in all it was a very long day! But im glad for everything that happened today! And when they say Cavs are the ultimate lap dog I think Waffles is definently the ideal dog!! Once she runs around and chews on stuff she just climbs into my lap and will lay there for as long as I am willing to sit there.

Here are a couple of pictures of Waffles

Jon Chang

DSC00070.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC02492.jpg

DSC02485.jpg

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

Last edited:
At last little waffles is home!!!:rah: :rah: :rah:

She looks adorable all snuggled up in her crate!!!! Can't wait to see more pickies of her really soon:xfngr: !!!!!!!:D

YAY!! thats great news! she's finally home!!!! What an adorable photo!!! she looks soo cute and content (and tired ;)) in her new home...cant wait to see lots more pics!

Welcome home Waffles and congratulations new mummy :D

That's such a cute name I bet everyone smiles when they hear it.

She is adorable! Looks like we became parents about the same time! These past few days have been a whirlwind but it has been a blast! It seems that Bauer has finally begun to settle into his new home, its looks as if Waffles has too!

Back