• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

insurance

niamhx

I brought finn to the vets today for his second injection and I asked the vet about taking out health insurance I had this with my last dog but that was two years ago.

Can anyone who lives in Ireland tell me the best company to go with ?

There's only one that offers insurance in the Republic, so it's an easy choice. :lol:

Petplan from Allianzdirect is very good. If you click through the ad on this link, you'll also get €20 off:

http://www.irishanimals.ie/

I'm in England but I go with marks & Spencer's. It covers the illness for however long that might last. Some only pay out for an illness for the first year or so. I think you get up to £7000 a year for a long term illness. It's priced differently for each area, mine is expensive at about £22 a month but worth it.

Alternatively if you get petplan through your vet you get 14 months for the price of 12, which is probably the same thing anyway. (I'm not very good at maths).

I brought finn to the vets today for his second injection and I asked the vet about taking out health insurance I had this with my last dog but that was two years ago.

Can anyone who lives in Ireland tell me the best company to go with ?

According to an article in teh money section in the Daily Telegraph last month, Tesco pet insurance is the best value, followed by Marks and Spencer.

we have Petplan,as karlin sugested they have been fantastic,allways heplfull.been with them for 10 yrs with all our dogs.jus

We don't get Tesco or M&S insurance here in Ireland.

The problem is that cavalier owners usually will find most insurers will not cover genetic (inherited) conditions -- that means MVD and SM will not be covered, nor may patellas, eye problems, or hip dysplasia.

So for any owner of a purebred dog and definitely for cavaliers, where MVD is likely to need to be treated eventually, making sure genetic conditions are covered is more important than any other consideration. (y)

Back