• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Xpen Creative 101

Kodee

So I have a unique xpen set up that I have tried to explain in a few posts on crates/pens. Finally I took pictures as promised.

I took apart an xpen so I had 2 long sides. The first I attached to the cage and when pulled open it goes round and clips into a wall. This makes a nice large squared off kitchen area. The advantage is Kodee has more room then with the usual xpen set up and I can also fold it shut when not in use much easier.
Xpen Open
474711153_5a65b5be36_o.jpg

Clipped on wall (other side clipped onto crate)
474711155_257cb56fca_o.jpg

Xpen Closed
474711157_e24fca5721_o.jpg

The other half of the xpen was put together including using the divider part for a long wall that prevents Kodee escaping out the front door, going up the stairs or into my living room. That leaves her when someone is with her the whole kitchen, hall, laundry room and den (only rugged room she has access to). I actually dont use it much now, as a gate across kitchen she can be trusted in. She is still crated at night at 5 mths.

Stairs (I had to put two images together so the colourings are off in them so you could view the whole line set up.
474711159_7e418c3c95_o.jpg

Hello!

Great idea! I often lengthen out my Xpen to make a larger run/barracade for the dogs, a friend of mine uses 2x3 panels across her hallway from her utility room to the opposite side of the hallway into her computer room, her dogs can then access the back garden through the open utility room door, the kitchen and can come across into the computer room and sit with Mum whilst she does her surfing!! :*bay: The dogs are happy and my friend is happy as her lounge stays clean! :D

Great set up! My x-pen was a life saver when the pups are little and they really come in handy when we have a foster come in. They can be separated but are still a part of the action

Yep I too have opened out my x-pen to act as a room divider, giving the puppy a huge slate area to play on, but keep him off the carpet. Though I don't need it anymore as Beau is great at going out to do his business, I still use it occasionally to separate dogs when feeding, to place around the heater & stuff like that. They are very convenient things to have around. :cool:

Back