• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Still pulling

Its at Scarsabrick village hall......think its called...Southport Alsation training club. I will look later and make sure. They are very good :)

She sounds like she's doing very well in her class! :)

Are you sure you had the Easy Walk, or that you had it on correctly? It is physically impossible for a dog to pull on those harnesses -- they simply get turned around to face you. I just can't imagine how she could pull on one of these as there's no point of resistance. I have seen Tara and Lisa use these in their training classes on huge dogs that pull and they just physically cannot do it with the lead attaching to a ring on their chest. Just wondering if you had it fitted correctly by a trainer (maybe have your class trainer check it?) or maybe are using something with a similar name?

But again: you are really talking about a very young dog that is still a puppy and only just learning. I think once you start working on this in your class setting, you will have an easier time training her to walk on a loose lead. :)

Of the two below, I prefer the Sense-ible mainly because the lead doesn't swing and the clasp doesn't bang on the dog's chest. Also the bottom clasp is designed not to end up right in the dog's armpit. Other than that they are very similar.

Easy Walk:

ezwalk-halter-green275.jpg

Sense-ible:

new-senseible2.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/601944-EASY-W...ryZ20746QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

There are 2 harnesses on the market in the UK called Easy Walk which may be causing confusion. I saw them side by side in the pet shop! My dog is a big puller, I'll get him the one you suggest with the ring at the front! I saw one on Dog Borstal on BBC3 which worked wonders and sold it to me!

SENSE-ible has shipped to you Ann. Size small. It should be the right size, if not let me know can ship you the teeny one but generally cav's are a small.

We ship SENSE-ible harnesses to Ireland and the UK. We stock them direct from the supplier.

The difference between SENSE-ible and Easy Walk is as follows:

The SENSE-ible is produced by a US company called Softouch Concepts. They are the original inventors and have the product patented. This means that the sizing is good and the information that you get with the product is also good. The backup returns policies etc are also excellent.

The Easy Walk is from Premier, the company who make the gentle leader. Another US company. This is NOT the Easy Walk in the Ebay auction I would not recommend the one in the Ebay auction for a cavalier as it is uncomfortable and will rub and wear the dogs skin.

The SENSE-ible has a front ring which connects to your lead but can also connect to the collar.

The Easy Walk has a front ring also but the front chest strap also tightens when the dog pulls. Some dogs react differently to this. Some dogs do not like when the strap tightens. It doesn't hurt the dog. This can be useful for skinny dogs.

We like the SENSE-ible. We have sold over 100 of them with 2 returns. The first was returned because the dog chewed through it. The second was returned because the front buckle snapped when a dog was on a really long lead, hit the end of the lead and the pressure on the harness was too much and it gave way. This was a large dog.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Easy walk harness still not arrived, I am really looking forward to trying it :)

It's the SENSE-ible that I have shipped. The front connection that works well. You should have it soon. Let me know when it arrives by posting here.

It's usually about 5 days to a week for me to get packages from the UK so probably the same going the other direction. :)

ezwalk-halter-green275.jpg

I bought a Gentle Leader Easy Walk from eBay in small. It fits my dog well around the torso (17 inches) , but it seems ever so loose around the chest where the ring area is and hangs very low. I cant get him a smaller size as it won't fit! I'm not sure what to do!

Anyway, it did work. It is impossible for a dog to pull on this harness! It is a bit of a strange sensation when walking,the lead jerks!

I just bought the SENSE-ible harness for Oliver after reading about it here. I tried it yesterday for the first time and---NO pulling on it! It's great and doesn't seem to bother Oliver one bit. I think it will make our walks much more enjoyable...it does feel a bit strange walking him on it, though, because of how it attaches inthe front. I think I will get used to that.

The trainer we did obedience classes with recommended the training collar with the prongs on it, but that just seems and looks cruel to me- especially after all the info on SM. I am really thanful that you all recommended this harness- it seems so much more comfortable and humane! :)

Tara the harness arrived today, but it is on the big size for her. I have adjusted it to the smallest it will go, but it all pulls one way when she is wearing it. Even worse if I attach it to her collor. I measured Ellie and she measures 17in round her girth just behind her legs, and 7in from just behind her leg to the centre of her chest. Her neck is 10in. She is about 11 - 12 pounds. Of course at 6 months I know she will still grow a lot.
My hubby says keep it and she will grow into it. I just dont know what to do?? I dont want to buy the xtra small and in a month or so it wont fit, and yet this one is too big now......:confused: . Advise needed please :confused:

Ann-Oliver weighs 23 lbs and I have found that on him the harness seems a bit big in the front because it pulls more to one side, too. I also have adjusted it as much as I can. It's a size small.

Have been in touch with Ann :)

Sent you 2 more harnesses a XS SENSE-ible and a Premier Easy Walk front connection.

One should work.

Back