• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New Couch

Cinders & Minnie-May have been trained to sit on their blanket on one end of the settee (english version of couch:) ) - leaving the rest free. Cinders has been doing it for so long its second nature to her and Minnie is catching on fast. You can see them together on my avatar. It also works well when we go visiting as we take the blanket and they will lay on it wherever it is put. Marvellous(y)

Just by praising them everytime they got onto the settee and sat on the blanket, and putting the word "blanket" in as they settled down. When they jumped onto any other place i.e. any chair or settee they were immediately put back onto the floor. It didn't take very long for them to get the message.:D Sometimes Minnie does try and sit on one of the chairs that doesn't have their blanket on, but I've only got to say to her "blanket" and she''ll move onto it. Then I found that it transferred very easily to anywhere we went visiting. By the way, they only have access to the comfy rooms when we are in the house, you can't expect it when you are not around.
Good luck - let me know how you get on.:xfngr:

Last edited:
Then I found that it transferred very easily to anywhere we went visiting.

That is a really good idea. We let our guys, both big & small, up on our lounges because they are leather & easy to wipe over, but I have wondered how I am going to go when we take them visiting, as I am sure they would try to dive up onto people's lounge chairs and they may not appreciate that.

That's great advice. I have actually started to say "blanket" and giving him a small treat when he jumps up on it and it seems to be working! Thank you!

We have a crate pad on part of the couch, it works the same way.

Mary Alice will often just go to sleep on it, she has one for night as well. :)

Back